What is it not it is? Is it?

• None of the above

• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• Prosthetic "tone fingers"

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Cliff: "Let me throw some chum in the water"...

Discovery Sharks GIF by Shark Week

I think that might be kind of a bit challenging because it sort of in between
The FM3 uses FC 6 chassis
FM9 the FC12

I think you are correct on the FM0 or FMX
The biggest question is do the follow the same FM GUI or do they start to turn the corner with a different design
Oh I know. Just always thinking about how extra switches I could comfortably use while keeping my board relatively compact and ignoring the fact that their design choices are based around that hardware form factor lineup.

I would definitely buy a ‘fractal stomp’.

I would also buy a fractal amp and cab only pedal… and just put it in the loop of my hx stomp.

I could see why people are interested in a fractal hardware dongle to play fractal plugins on the computer, but I am more interested in stand alone hardware.

I think that might be kind of a bit challenging because it sort of in between
The FM3 uses FC 6 chassis
FM9 the FC12

I think you are correct on the FM0 or FMX
The biggest question is do the follow the same FM GUI or do they start to turn the corner with a different design
As I’ve mentioned a bunch of times, would love an FM0 (pedal sized) or AxeFX lite (desktop… Motu M2-sized that also serves as an audio interface). Provided they have FASLink or at least full MIDI. Would love a Fractal HW-based plugin as well.

Other ideas (most already mentioned): an FC3 (just the lower portion of the FM3, an FC6-based new FX8 (kinda like the L6 Hx Effects), an amp+cab pedal (but with MIDI), etc

I dont think it would be a bigger unit (FM6) than the FM3 , think smaller HX stomp type, wildly successful for many reasons
Great market Segment for anyone new

I've lost track of how all the processing stuff works. Isn't it something like an entire core is dedicated to amp modeling in the FM3? Or am I just remembering from something else? It SEEMS to me that they've all got about the same amount of CPU dedicated to amp modeling (while not everything has trickled down to the FM3, there hasn't ever really seemed to be a question about whether core amp modeling upgrades would be ported to both the FM3 and FM9).

I'm doubting its an FM0 as I (pretty sure I proposed it before Jive in light of my Fractal Combo efforts :bag ) or others around here envisioned it simply because...there wouldn't be a need to tweak the firmware other than to apply AxeFxIII FC stuff to an FM3 firmware.

I'm doubting its a "Stomp sized Fractal that is a little dumber than the FM3, but still does more than amp modeling" because (1) that leads to one more round of "okay, we've got new stuff in the Big Daddy, time to figure out how to get it to the FM9, the red-headed-step-child, and now the stray dog, too", (2) I'm not sure where you find a processor that can have a core that can handle the amp modeling, and still more processing to do any other stuff that isn't...just whatever is in the FM3. Something that has the same amp modeling processing power as in the big boys and nothing more makes sense. Quite honestly, especially if it has dedicated tone-stack knobs ala Ax8, I could see combining that with an FM3 or FM9 being a "holy shit this rig is awesome!!!!" scenario.

I thought that they had separate cores running amp modeling vs effects. I think some other non modeling work is done on those cores as well (like graphics and overhead). So you can't necessarily load up on effects just because you're not using amps.

It will be interesting to see where the new products go. Lower cost is a great point of entry, and I imagine the FM3 and FM9 have been very successful. I would think of something like AX8 2.0 having the power of FM3 Turbo with extra switches and a little different layout would do extremely well, especially around that $1000-1200 price point if possible.

Back