• Unsliced Bread

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm out. Too small.
thats what she said the office night GIF by Kane County Cougars

You guys just gonna buy cause it’s fractal? Even if you own the fm3/6 or axefx? Seems redundant

The fan boys will though just because it’s fractal and they have money to burn

Says the man with the 30 guitars that are all very unique and none of them redundant in anyway.

You’ve seen that experiment on YouTube that shows that it’s only pickups that sounds different?

Last edited:
Maybe this one is a bit clearer

View attachment 29776

So, it’s an FM4 ! Will be interesting to see what its limitations are.

Not necessarily. If I had to guess it's just effects only so probably FX4

If it was an *actual* FM4 version of the FM3 - yeah .... sure it doesn't replace an existing product - but it would make no sense to have an FM3 and an FM4 ..... just one extra button being the difference etc.....

My $$ - if these pictures are accurate - is on a 4 Button *efx* only unit ..... that ties in perfecty with Andy Woods comments in the video with Andertons where he said he runs a clean amp and [therefore] gets all his drives and efx tones from pedals.

If I'm right, this would be an amazing pedal to run with your Tonex Pedal or N.C Pedal.

Ben

My $$ - if these pictures are accurate - is on a 4 Button *efx* only unit ..... that ties in perfecty with Andy Woods comments in the video with Andertons where he said he runs a clean amp and [therefore] gets all his drives and efx tones from pedals.

Wouldn't we see four cables coming out of the box if Andy was using it that way?

Anyway, if it's a FX only unit I'm not interested.
As I have sold all my modelling gear (and most of the crappy pedals I had) I'm looking for an all in one solution. If this whatever "electric sex pants, bread slicer, FM0 with only buttons" does not include amp+cab modelling the FM3 is one of the top contenders for sure.

Wouldn't we see four cables coming out of the box if Andy was using it that way?

Yep you would as he would be running some efx [ drives, eq's, comps etc... ] into the front of the amp and some [ delays, mods, rev's etc... ] into the loop of the amps ie: standard run of the mill way to run pre efx and post efx.

Ben

Yep you would as he would be running some efx [ drives, eq's, comps etc... ] into the front of the amp and some [ delays, mods, rev's etc... ] into the loop of the amps ie: standard run of the mill way to run pre efx and post efx.

Ben
Except that it looks like it doesn't have an fx loop

Is that a know actual true fact ? Or is it based on forum ideas ? From the really grainy pics, it impossible to even see what the specific jacks are, let alone their functions (?)
It's impossible to read how they're labeled but by the number of jacks and the length of the label seems pretty clear to me.

From left to right:
Input (L/MONO and R)
Output (L/MONO and R)
Exp pedal (1 and 2)
SPDIF
USB
MIDI (In and Out)
DC in.

It's impossible to read how they're labeled but by the number of jacks and the length of the label seems pretty clear to me.

From left to right:
Input (L/MONO and R)
Output (L/MONO and R)
Exp pedal (1 and 2)
SPDIF
USB
MIDI (In and Out)
DC in.

Man ... if you got that from those pics ..... you have way-big-time better eyes than me and/or some very awesome photo clarifying software :)

Ben

4CM is not a requirement when you run into a clean amp.

Man ... if you got that from those pics ..... you have way-big-time better eyes than me and/or some very awesome photo clarifying software :)
From the look of the images, there’s isn’t enough information so we can’t uncover what’s not been captured.

No software, just deduction from what we've all seen.
Look:

1727728587679.png

Here it's pretty clear that there are 3 pairs of jacks, and they're definitely grouped in pairs cuz there's a label centered between two jacks, a horizontal line below and then 2 labels, one above each jack (the labels on the left pair are partially covered by a cable in this pic). The labels below the line in the first two pairs are a longer one for the left jack and a single letter for the right jack, on the third pair both are a single letter/number.

Now, do you have some other possible hypothesis over what they could be labeled other than this?

INPUT​
OUTPUT​
PEDAL​
____________________________​
L/MONO . . . . . . . . . . . . R​
L/MONO . . . . . . . . . . . . R​
1 . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2​

From this other pic it's pretty clear that the third pair is for exp pedal cuz the cable from there goes straight to the expression pedal

Immagine 2024-10-01 173613.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back