• None of the above

• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But that is definitely 6 white 'Fractal-esque' labels on the right side of the screen, which to me implies 6 buttons. I think there are probably LED's below that with white labelling too.

FX loop could be on the right side, ala HX Stomp.

An effects only unit doesn't make total sense without 4-cable-method compatibility IMHO, and I would expect that would impact sales a fair bit.
Another option could be that you can use it as stereo in/out or as mono with fx loop, same way that UA pedals do.

Another option could be that you can use it as stereo in/out or as mono with fx loop, same way that UA pedals do.
Yeah could be. Or input 1 Left is a TRS connection, for stereo in if you want it, and input 1 Right is the FX Loop Return.... likewise with output. But that'd probably be a weird way to do it.

TBH, for me individually, the FX loop isn't necessary because I could just throw it into one of the loops on the QC, or in my larger board one of the loops on my GigRig G3.

Plot twist - the encoder just cycles through effects. No signal path routing, no complicated stuff. Just one effect at a time. Only 4 presets. Just save which effect you want to each switch.

If we're gonna nerf the product, lets do it properly!!!

TBH, for me individually, the FX loop isn't necessary because I could just throw it into one of the loops on the QC, or in my larger board one of the loops on my GigRig G3.
For me, a stereo fx loop isn't particularly necessary. I think most people who want an fx loop would use it with their mono amp. There's always the FM3/FM9 for stereo if you need it.

But that is definitely 6 white 'Fractal-esque' labels on the right side of the screen, which to me implies 6 buttons. I think there are probably LED's below that with white labelling too.
Maybe they revamped the unforgettable AX8 UI
Immagine 2024-10-02 111945.png

It's 6 buttons if you ditch the SHIFT

EDIT: well, the FX8 had 6 buttons and 5 knobs actually... coincidence?

Immagine 2024-10-02 112236.png

Last edited:
Maybe they revamped the unforgettable AX8 UI
View attachment 29829
It's 6 buttons if you ditch the SHIFT

EDIT: well, the FX8 had 6 buttons actually... coincidence?

View attachment 29830
The Shift button is the single worst UI decision Fractal has ever made.

On the current gen, the arrangement of the buttons is IMO terrible with the navigation buttons so far from the knobs and screen that it's often easier to operate the big knob and navigation buttons.

Going between nav/page buttons and under screen knobs is like this:

Happy See Ya GIF

The Shift button is the single worst UI decision Fractal has ever made.
Hard disagree actually. Now I will qualify this with, I never used the AX8 and the implementation of the SHIFT button. But I find SHIFT buttons incredibly incredibly INCREDIBLY useful; see Elektron Digitakt, which uses a func "shift" button, which really helps to give you a ton more functionality without fucking up the workflow too much.

There's a way to do it where it is smooth as butter. Like a guitar fretboard, covered in British monkey grease.
On the current gen, the arrangement of the buttons is IMO terrible with the navigation buttons so far from the knobs and screen that it's often easier to operate the big knob and navigation buttons.
I recently did some comparisons between Helix, QC, and Axe3. Just editing on the front panel. Trying to save a preset and change the name on the unit directly... much more painful than the other two!! There are many many instances on the Axe3 where you need to use two hands. That should be a big no-no for a product like that IMHO.

Hard disagree actually. Now I will qualify this with, I never used the AX8 and the implementation of the SHIFT button. But I find SHIFT buttons incredibly incredibly INCREDIBLY useful; see Elektron Digitakt, which uses a func "shift" button, which really helps to give you a ton more functionality without fucking up the workflow too much.
There's a place for them. It is not "Hold Shift and press Page to go to previous page". I have a Shift button on my Hydrasynth Explorer and it's useful for some functions but really not my favorite way to do it because you need two hands to work with it.

I recently did some comparisons between Helix, QC, and Axe3. Just editing on the front panel. Trying to save a preset and change the name on the unit directly... much more painful than the other two!! There are many many instances on the Axe3 where you need to use two hands. That should be a big no-no for a product like that IMHO.
Yeah I feel most guitar gear is used with one hand at a time. You have one hand holding your guitar, or strumming it while you turn a knob etc.

For me, a stereo fx loop isn't particularly necessary. I think most people who want an fx loop would use it with their mono amp. There's always the FM3/FM9 for stereo if you need it.

Agreed. When I was in my pedalboard amp phase, I'd just put the preamp wherever I wanted it, delay / reverb / modulation right after; no need for a loop.

If this unit is what we think it is i.e. an FX-only pedalboard-friendly device, that's pretty much how I'd use it.

Boost / Drive pedal ---> Preamp (e.g. IR-D) ---> FAS FX device ---> DI or Power Amp

Last edited:
No software, just deduction from what we've all seen.
Look:

View attachment 29826

Here it's pretty clear that there are 3 pairs of jacks, and they're definitely grouped in pairs cuz there's a label centered between two jacks, a horizontal line below and then 2 labels, one above each jack (the labels on the left pair are partially covered by a cable in this pic). The labels below the line in the first two pairs are a longer one for the left jack and a single letter for the right jack, on the third pair both are a single letter/number.

Now, do you have some other possible hypothesis over what they could be labeled other than this?

INPUT​
OUTPUT​
PEDAL​
____________________________​
L/MONO . . . . . . . . . . . . R​
L/MONO . . . . . . . . . . . . R​
1 . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2​

From this other pic it's pretty clear that the third pair is for exp pedal cuz the cable from there goes straight to the expression pedal

View attachment 29827

Man ... you should be a forensic photo-analyst :D

Maybe the odds of my bet of an EFX-only unit are getting longer and longer ....

If (?) its got EFX and Amps and its shooting for the sub-FM3 market (?) ..... it might be a pre-curated set of Amps, EFX, Cabs (?)

If thats the case (?) and the full FM3 is currently US $1099 ...... I'll go out on another limb and say this will be a US $699 or US $799 unit ..... any more than that would make the full FM3 look too attractive.

I wonder if I put enough guesses and (?)'s in this post ;)

Man ... you should be a forensic photo-analyst :D

Maybe the odds of my bet of an EFX-only unit are getting longer and longer ....

If (?) its got EFX and Amps and its shooting for the sub-FM3 market (?) ..... it might be a pre-curated set of Amps, EFX, Cabs (?)

If thats the case (?) and the full FM3 is currently US $1099 ...... I'll go out on another limb and say this will be a US $699 or US $799 unit ..... any more than that would make the full FM3 look too attractive.

I wonder if I put enough guesses and (?)'s in this post ;)
If you're right on all those things it'll be an instant buy for me, even if it's just 4 blocks in series... But I doubt it has amps personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back