• None of the above

• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a bunch of the typical Fractal buttons on the right hand side to me.
You say potato, I say camera noise. I've convinced myself that side is everything from same-ol-same-ol to a bunch of soft buttons for selecting menu items on the right side of the screen, to ventilation holes...

You keep saying publicly the things you should keep private :beer :rofl
Another relevant meme:

71c8859601df6cb5ccc4deaabe5d852bd4efb2890dc05114b27ced90395393ab_1.jpg

View attachment 29768

A better image it looks like. That screen looks to be the same as the one on the Axe3 isn't it?
Looks like it
unless that’s a touchscreen if so it’s likely about the size of hotone
NDSP is definitely larger

This must be an FM based fx unit , I can’t imagine it being and FM4 and not being a replacement to the FM3 for some people , unless it has less stuff

View attachment 29768

A better image it looks like. That screen looks to be the same as the one on the Axe3 isn't it?

My last post was referring to this image, didn't realize it still hadn't been posted here.
Anyway, I'd say it's smaller
It's definitely smaller than an fm3, for sure in height and depth but I think also in length. Just look at the connections on the back and compare them to the FM3.
Also the screen looks smaller since it only has 4 knobs underneath it, the space on the right of the screen where buttons reside is way less too.
And doesn't look like it has room for scribble strip displays either.

I would say without question it looks FM based current Gen
Cliff has said the scribble strips cost a ton so if they dumped those and pulled out some I/O they could get down into the $900 ballpark probably

I say, no touch on that screen. It’s a normal screen and encoders and buttons to the right of the screen. I think it’s designed very similar to other fractal units, ui wise.

That's interesting, since I keep reading (here) that the QC sucks for 4CM leveling, etc., and the FM3 is the preferred solution. (Though "better" does not necessarily imply "good"?)
Circling back to this point, I think this is just a time/modulation based effect pedal with no insert point for running 4CM. Which is LIKELY a blessing for your FM3 price/sale. I can imagine plenty of people that own an FM3 wanting to ADD this to their rig#14: "the no compromise one with amps", but I don't see a whole lot of people flipping an FM3 for this.

Circling back to this point, I think this is just a time/modulation based effect pedal with no insert point for running 4CM. Which is LIKELY a blessing for your FM3 price/sale. I can imagine plenty of people that own an FM3 wanting to ADD this to their rig#14: "the no compromise one with amps", but I don't see a whole lot of people flipping an FM3 for this.
But it has SPDIF on it. That is quite clear from the first photo that went round. Seems like an odd spec.

I really wanted to like my HX Effects but there were a few issues:

Added noise to my signal path that couldn't be gated (which is weird by HX Stomp didn't)
8 switches but only 4 snapshots
Editing was a pain with only scribble strips and no screen
I agree, I own an hx effects and it's a super frustrating unit, a real textbook case of "almost there but not quite".

Why does the footswitch that's furthest away look so much larger than the others?
And why do the knobs look like there's 3 different sizes of them?

1727795157136.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back