• None of the above

• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's an FX only unit optimized for 4CM (ie. the same or better analog path than the AXE3/FX8), it's a buy from me.
If it's nice to operate, it's a buy from me too. I love my pedalboard, but it's really expensive and still has a lot of inconveniences that a multifx unit simplifies greatly.

4 > 3 every time, whether it's knobs or footswitches. 3 is the wrong number of knobs for anything that isn't a simple overdrive or similar.

But what if it’s a touch screen?
I don't think it is. I think this is a bit of a mid-gen device that is meant to pack Fractal's great effects into something a bit more compact and cheaper than the FM3 without cannibalizing their existing products.

If it has all Fractal fx this could be a great unit for people who are fine with 1 amp + cab but want a bit more from fx than what the FM3 can do.

Removable footswitch array? That'd be kind of cool. Like.. you can get it with or without detachable footswitches... Gateway to FM0? FX0?

-Aaron

Last edited:
If it has all Fractal fx this could be a great unit for people who are fine with 1 amp + cab but want a bit more from fx than what the FM3 can do.

1000067292.gif

Another thought how this can be cheaper: less updates. Compared to their amp modeling, Fractal effects get far less updates, and their list of fx is massive already.

If we assume this can do a roughly FM3 level of effects, it can use a good chunk cheaper processor and maybe have some limitations to delays as they ran on the same core as the FM3 amp modeling.

If it's nice to operate, it's a buy from me too. I love my pedalboard, but it's really expensive and still has a lot of inconveniences that a multifx unit simplifies greatly.

4 > 3 every time, whether it's knobs or footswitches. 3 is the wrong number of knobs for anything that isn't a simple overdrive or similar.

I don't think it is. I think this is a bit of a mid-gen device that is meant to pack Fractal's great effects into something a bit more compact and cheaper than the FM3 without cannibalizing their existing products.

I know a lot of people don't care for the Fractal UI, but it's never bothered me. So if it's exactly like the 3, no issue here. If it comes with an Axe-Edit style program as well, bonus.

Agreed on 4>3.

4 Footswitches, a couple of "always on's", a volume pedal. Shred.

So touchscreen, Bluetooth to Frac app, fm native, updated chips with power of fm9 in fm4 enclosure confirmed?

So touchscreen, Bluetooth to Frac app, fm native, updated chips with power of fm9 in fm4 enclosure confirmed?
I think you forgot FAS captures, Fractal's own capture tech. It can capture the souls of famous players and install them right into this new device, so you too can finally have the feel of those inspiring players!

That awesome local guy who rips at every blues jam? He too could reside in your new Fractal unit tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back