• None of the above

• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A smaller device means the shipping container is going to have a whole lot more devices on it compared to the usual Fractal devices.

Not sure many realize how big of a deal this is. We had created a spreadsheet that figured out the cost per each unit to ship from Hong Kong to LA.

Inside volume of a shipping container divided by the size of a master carton divided by how many units inside the master - leftover/wasted volume was estimated based on the size ratio of a carton and how well is stacked based on past shipments of similar carton sizes.
There were quite a few more variables involved but that was the basics.

How large is an FM3 unit carton vs. the size of a Timeline?

Let's say it costs FAS five dollars to ship an FM3 from the Chinese factory's dock to Fractal's warehouse.
Once all the markups are added this could be an additional $15-$20 on the MSRP.

Same scenario but with a Timeline the cost per each unit may only be $4-5.
That leaves you the kind of money needed to pay a dealer's mark-up.....

:unsure:

Last edited:
I reckon this will be a HX Stomp or HX Effects competitor; without any amp modelling. Just effects only. The FX8 concept but revisited and modernized, hopefully work instant gratification workflow.

Ok now I’m getting excited… :love

I’ve been wanting this from fractal forever, and followed all discussion + Cliff’s related remarks over the years, which again always suggested it wouldn’t happen… I basically shut down any hope in my heart and head. :rofl

I hadn’t seen Wood’s video and didn’t realize what he said.

Could this be happening?

True Blue Please GIF

FX only makes sense so far. Assuming that's accurate:

If targeted at amp guys, the "why would I get this if I can just get an FM3" comments don't make sense. If you want amp modeling get an FM3. If you want an effects only unit to use with your amp, get the (FX3 or whatever it's called).

I'd guess $549-699.

If it's small enough and has the grid style routing, I might be tempted to add it to my QC setup for just post effects. Maybe.

If it is an FX unit to be used with amps in a 4cm method then they outputs better be up to standard as when I've used the fm3 4cm with my preamps it a noisy as hell.
I can adjust the boost/pad in the output section which lowers the noise but then ends up clipping the output.
The only thing that worked was taking a spdif to a external DAC with a balanced connection and there was no noise.

If it is an FX unit to be used with amps in a 4cm method then they outputs better be up to standard as when I've used the fm3 4cm with my preamps it a noisy as hell.
I can adjust the boost/pad in the output section which lowers the noise but then ends up clipping the output.
The only thing that worked was taking a spdif to a external DAC with a balanced connection and there was no noise.
I had read that the FM9 and Axe3 were better in this regard, which is one of the reasons I never got an FM3 as well.

Won't have 4CM capabilities I'll wager.

Assumptions - Andy was using Wampler and Friedman drives and didn't bring them up when discussing the Fractal.
He also talked about his compressor before getting to the unnamed box.

If it did have 4CM and pre type devices why would he tease only with post type FX tags?

Last edited:
Won't have 4CM capabilities I'll wager.

Assumptions - Andy was using Wampler and Friedman drives and didn't bring them up when discussing the Fractal.
He also talked about his compressor before getting to the unnamed box.

If it did have 4CM and pre type devices why would he tease only with post type FX tags?
I only use my FM3 as a post FX now - so this new product (if it is a post FX) could be useful if there is an Cab block and if it has decent USB audio interface capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back