• None of the above

• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But he's talking about a pedalboard that he uses direct to house and it has a Friedman pre-amp pedal that has "more gain that I'll ever use".
So that takes amp out of the equation.
I'm 99.9 percent sure it's an effects only unit. This video and Cliffs statements basically confirm that (to me).

If it's not, why is he using the Friedman preamp pedal 🤣

My wallet is ready - as long as it's not housed in a re-hash of the FM/FC enclosure, which is too big!

I agree .... if as we are now mostly all assuming (?) .... it is just and EFX and Dyna Cab box - or just EFX only - it will pair brilliantly with something like the N.C.

If they choose to stick it in a FM/FC enclosure, that would be a major wrong-call - I dont think they will do that .... I'd be expecting something like a standard Strymon box-size at most, but probably or smaller.

I'd be expecting something like a standard Strymon box-size at most, but probably or smaller.

1727611315591.png
+ 1727611353294.png+
1727611428358.png

Hopefully it has a display. Just a preset number will do.
I'd even take the Source Audio "change preset button + 4 LEDS == 4 or 8 presets" system. It works very well.

I'd really love other pedal makers to take cues from those new Walrus Audio pedals. That little display is exactly what would make many digital pedals more convenient to work with.

Since Cliff said the FX8 didn't sell well I expect this to be much smaller if it really is an FX only unit, something roughly the size of a Strymon or Plethora X5.
It will be called FX3, FX4 or FX5.

PS: and if this is the case it also means it will have a different UI than that of current fractal devices.

PPS: Andy Wood basically violated his NDA with Fractal so he will be sued now. 😬
I’m sure it was made on purpose…
You know fractal teasing. One word here, one word there, soon etc lol.

Fractal has the FX quality to make a killer H90/HXFX/BigSky/Timeline, my only concern would be the form factor and control scheme. Those devices are sleek(er) and have relatively straight forward controls. If they hid the deep parameters in Edit, and just had the basic Mix, Decay, Tone, Speed & Modulation knobs etc. on the actual pedal itself, that would be great. I’d slap a small form factor FAS HXFX in the loop of my JC in a heartbeat.

If it’s using the FM chassis or the FM faceplate controls, not so much… :ROFLMAO:

Well I just held my Meris MercuryX up to the Axe3. You couldn't fit the Axe3 screen on a Meris sized pedal, along with the knobs, and additional footswitches. So if it has a screen, it is going to be much smaller than what is on the Axe3. Which is perfectly fine. The one on the Meris big box pedals works very well once you get your head around the pages.

I reckon this will be a HX Stomp or HX Effects competitor; without any amp modelling. Just effects only. The FX8 concept but revisited and modernized, hopefully work instant gratification workflow.

If it's FX only then K.I.S.S.

We've all spent years messing with FX boxes that didn't have tiny screens in them and everyone did fine.
I personally think the new Walrus pedal displays are a joke.
You can get better graphics on a $8.99 Walmart calculator than what those have.

A full blown guitar rig in a box needs a display. A chorus/delay/reverb/load box doesn't imo.
Banks of well lit LEDs should be all you need to keep your place.

Both the Tonex and DD-200 have simplistic screens that really do nothing but take up premium real estate
on the top of the box and add cost.

imo

Nano has 25 capture slots that you navigate with two small banks of 5 LEDs.
First five denote the bank and the second which of the 5 captures you're on within that bank.

Tonex's 9 or 10 digit screen would display the number 1 thru 25 and then whatever corny name you've assigned it,
taking up 5x more space and 10x more cost.

Last edited:
“All the way to the left”

So the mystery pedal is last (probably)

That supports both an effects only unit as well as the possibility of an amp pedal.
I hope it includes pre effects as well. Fractal has killer delay reverb mod but I'd love for the whole package

Looks like Andy pretty much gave it away......"so you'll have my delay settings and chorus....but I'm an amp guy...you figure it out"
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back