• None of the above

• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if it’s a replacement for the FX8, how many foot switches will it have? Assuming it’s three, what will they call it? “FX3?” But it’s a (f)loor (m)odel, they can’t call it FM3. :wat

Loadbox + FX seems like a weird pairing, subsection of subsection of people it would serve perfectly. Seems way more likely to be an fx box only.

There are so many preamp pedal, capture boxes out there that it kind of makes sense to have a modern/small ax8.

Not for me. I’d just take an FM3 but I’m sure it would sell ridiculously well
I am sure Leon has one by now and is making vids to upload day 1 of release

Loadbox + FX seems like a weird pairing, subsection of subsection of people it would serve perfectly. Seems way more likely to be an fx box only.

There are so many preamp pedal, capture boxes out there that it kind of makes sense to have a modern/small ax8.

Not for me. I’d just take an FM3 but I’m sure it would sell ridiculously well
Will it take time away from next gen fm work?

Since Cliff said the FX8 didn't sell well I expect this to be much smaller if it really is an FX only unit, something roughly the size of a Strymon or Plethora X5.
It will be called FX3, FX4 or FX5.

PS: and if this is the case it also means it will have a different UI than that of current fractal devices.

PPS: Andy Wood basically violated his NDA with Fractal so he will be sued now. 😬

Last edited:
Since Cliff said the FX8 didn't sell well I expect this to be much smaller if it really is an FX only unit, something roughly the size of a Strymon or Plethora X5.
It will be called FX3, FX4 or FX5.

PS: and if this is the case it also means it will have a different UI than that of current fractal devices.
I'd definitely be interested in something like that. Just depends how user friendly it'll be.

PPS: Andy Wood basically violated his NDA with Fractal so he will be sued now. 😬
Most likely not, it's not often that NDA sanctions get enforced. While it was not a good idea to take an unreleased pedal to an event like this, only people who were at Guitar Summit might've seen it, if it was even visible to the audience.

It's more beneficial to keep good relations with a player like Andy so they'll most likely just say "please don't show or talk about unreleased gear".

That video with cap. It’s def a pedal. In a “pedalboard” suited pedal thing. That’s my bet.

Yeah I saw the video but it's pretty normal for digital pedals to have presets so I'm assuming it's going to have them.

Actually didn't he say in that video he spent time making presets so people would have his delay and chorus settings from launch?

Interesting also the “…and I’m an amp guy” comment. This can be interpreted in several ways of course. But I sense some kind of irony there.

A kind of hint that “I’m not that hot on modelers, I prefer using an amp, but if a thing is simple and easy to use and fits with other things, I can get used to it”

Larry Mitchell outed the FM3 and I don’t think they sued him. Also, it would depend on the specific terms of the NDA.
Most likely not, it's not often that NDA sanctions get enforced. While it was not a good idea to take an unreleased pedal to an event like this, only people who were at Guitar Summit might've seen it, if it was even visible to the audience.

It's more beneficial to keep good relations with a player like Andy so they'll most likely just say "please don't show or talk about unreleased gear".
It seems my joke was not so clear or funny... :cautious:

I think it's pretty obvious that if he's talking about it in a video and at a public event he has Fractal's authorization to do so. And it might also mean that the release is pretty close at this point, sooner than soon.

But I sense some kind of irony there.

A kind of hint that “I’m not that hot on modelers, I prefer using an amp, but if a thing is simple and easy to use and fits with other things, I can get used to it”
Yeah I want to believe that, too. This is a 50-50 situation for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back