• None of the above

• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So effects only or loadbox seems to be the only options?

After watching has to be an effects only unit. I think the FM0 dream is dead 😞 unless he just uses it for effects only
My take away is that it is probably an effects only unit for use with tube amplifiers akin to the old FX8.

Please god I hope Fractal doesn’t fumble. Or we get the fumble trifecta.

Billie Joe Armstrong GIF by Global Citizen

So effects only or loadbox seems to be the only options?

After watching has to be an effects only unit. I think the FM0 dream is dead 😞 unless he just uses it for effects only

His delay and chorus settings (and he's got different boxes for compression and dirt) sure implies FX only,
but then he ends the brief disclosure with:

"All I can tell you is there it is, and I'm an amp guy."

Which sounds like FX + load box - like you're thinking.

IF!!! the loadbox is cool then I could ditch the RedSeven, but the FX only part? :oops:

I've been pretty vocal on forums about wanting that from FAS for a very long time!

His delay and chorus settings (and he's got different boxes for compression and dirt) sure implies FX only,
but then he ends the brief disclosure with:

"All I can tell you is there it is, and I'm an amp guy."

Which sounds like FX + load box - like you're thinking.

IF!!! the loadbox is cool then I could ditch the RedSeven, but the FX only part? :oops:

I've been pretty vocal on forums about wanting that from FAS for a very long time!

That could be a cool product.

Yeah a modern take on the FX8 could be super cool for many! I think it would make sense.
People have been asking for exactly that a fair bit on the forum recently. I have an FX8 and do like it. It was my first Fractal product. The thing is, I don't play my tube amps much anymore because I'm running the Axe-FX so often. Also, I already have the FM9 and Axe-FX III if I want something with the up to date effects offerings to use with a tube rig should the need ever arise.

Stupid question but if you are stomping on the pedal for effects, wouldn't that risk damaging the load and then your amp?

My bet is just effects only

Only if you jostle the connections that go between the amp and cab. Even still, the amp output transformer won't blow up immediately if there is no load. It will probably take at least a few seconds before damage is done.

Only if you jostle the connections that go between the amp and cab. Even still, the amp output transformer won't blow up immediately if there is no load. It will probably take at least a few seconds before damage is done.
Gotcha. Regardless probably something you don't want on a pedalboard

Stupid question but if you are stomping on the pedal for effects, wouldn't that risk damaging the load and then your amp?

There's nothing in a load box that's any more delicate than what would be in an FX only unit.
The bigger issue would be insuring the load side has really good venting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back