• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah... here's hope for this:

I hear there's a half dozen versions of this classic.

marshall-ms-4-microbe.jpg

I hope it's not something like that personally. Not that it wouldn't be good, it's just a harder sell because it needs to be priced high enough for a good profit, but that would mean a very trimmed down offering. It's in that middle land of "well if I payed a little more I could get all of this over here..." And conversely, "if I pay a little less, I can get all of this over here..."
If I pay a LOT more, I’ll actually have a functioning rig with fairly limited capabilities that still isn’t a tube amp

Measured. Of course.

But we weren't talking about the NAM player (which is a most excellent thing from technical POV).
FAS devices and most other modelers are in the ballpark of 2-3ms. You can easily get that low with some interfaces, at 96kHz you could even get below 2ms pretty easily (of course that'll cause a big CPU hit).
You can get that low but depends on what's the cpu load to be usable... I need to try with Helix native

Anyway, I just checked and these new AD chips are actually almost 10 times more powerful than those in the Helix, 24 GFLOPS per core vs 2.7.

The next generation of floor modelers will likely be way more powerful than what's currently available.

Anyway, I just checked and these new AD chips are actually almost 10 times more powerful than those in the Helix, 24 GFLOPS per core vs 2.7.

The next generation of floor modelers will likely be way more powerful than what's currently available.
Interesting I remember back in June this discussion and Cliff had chimed in that there were chips more than double the power of a Helix

Heard over at TOP:

"Rumor is that Fractal seems to explore the same one amp in a pedal concept as well." (as UA)

So I guess it is the much anticipated Blues Jr in a box, finally!
No idea how reliable rumors are, but if it was a one amp block pedal that would make a lot more sense. I imagine a lot of people would love to just take the amp block in a pedal. Including all of the current amp models.

You can get that low but depends on what's the cpu load to be usable... I need to try with Helix native

At 96kHz I can still run two instances of fully loaded Helices on a single core at 32 samples buffersize. With an RME interface, latency would likely be quite a bit below 2ms.

No idea how reliable rumors are, but if it was a one amp block pedal that would make a lot more sense. I imagine a lot of people would love to just take the amp block in a pedal. Including all of the current amp models.
I can’t imagine that but maybe , that would seem to go against Fractals ultimate versatility
Plus would Andy Wood be making presets for an amp pedal?

Interesting I remember back in June this discussion and Cliff had chimed in that there were chips more than double the power of a Helix
Yep, but he was talking about the previous models that were basically a higher clock frequency version (1 GHz) of those inside FMx and QC.
At the time he mentioned that something new was coming from Analog Devices and I think he was referring to these in the link I posted that came out recently.
Apparently they're based on a new architecture called Sharc-FX, even though that's still 1GHz it has more than double the GFLOPS of previous 1GHz Sharc cores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back