What is it not it is? Is it?

• None of the above

• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• Prosthetic "tone fingers"

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
200 posts in 7 hours is a lot of speculation.

we do a lot of speculation, we have the best speculation here, I walked in here on page 2 and said "wow that's a lot of speculation"

1000185634.gif

To me the coolest product for Cliff to release at this point would be a dedicated pitch shifter, something with so powerful of a processing it could handle drop tunings in real time with no glitches for clean or harmonically complex chords and argeppios. Something that would tonematch your signal in realtime too so the pitch shifted sound is completely natural. I don't know if this kind of thing is even possible, but I wonder if you had processors dedicated to this task alone if it could be done.
I seem to recall Cliff saying the challenge is speed, that, like you said, it would need to be really powerful, because the detection process has to happen so fast, in order to sound right. (A very layman's way of remembering, possibly incorrectly, what he said. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

I seem to recall Cliff saying the challenge is speed, that, like you said, it would need to be really powerful, because the detection process has to happen so fast, in order to sound right. (A very layman's way of remembering, possibly incorrectly, what he said. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )
IIRC, he mentioned speed and physics. There's going to be a limit, no matter how good the algorithm or processing speed.

How different is FM0 from Axe 3? Just smaller box and less power?

i do think it’s likely a smaller device that could integrate onto a pedalboard easier. FM Stomp or something.

my preference would be something closer to QC size, or even closer to AX8. FM3 power with more switches and no scribble strips would be cool.

I hope it’s a new fm3 with the power of the fm9.

I love my fm3 but I could use more cpu and double amp.

And fractal seems to struggle to fit every new update in the fm3 even the turbo.

So I guess they gonna get rid of the actual fm3 and just manage to put tue the horsepower of the fm9 but with 3 switches.

That’s what seems the most logical to me and they really pushing the limits of the fm3 right now.

And fractal seems to struggle to fit every new update in the fm3 even the turbo.

So I guess they gonna get rid of the actual fm3 and just manage to put tue the horsepower of the fm9 but with 3 switches.

That’s what seems the most logical to me and they really pushing the limits of the fm3 right now.

Cliff said in this thread that it's not a replacement for an existing product.

This is partly true. The gapless switching and new Reverb algorithms definitely were problematic.

But amp improvements, new drive pedals and other FX improvements seem to be able to stay on par pretty much. Cliff will always cram as much in as he can. The FM3 is pretty amazing for the $$$.

Sounds like you would just need to get a FM9

Back