FM3 Mark II Turbo announced

Each day that goes by I get a little closer to ordering one. Just sold off a few things and got some cabbage burning a hole in my pocket. I'd definitely want to grab an FC-6 also though. 3 switches makes me squirm.
FM3 and FC6 combo just popped up on Reverb about an hour ago...$1300 / FREE shipping.

I'm sure it won't last long.

I have no problem with 3 switches. It's so well-designed and executed. Can get
anywhere I need to in a couple of taps/holds. Brilliant! :chef

If I were just playing guitar in a band I could definitely get away with the 3 footswitches. There’s no way in hell am I going to try to remember/perform tap/hold functions while singing and playing though. :rofl

Haha! More switches ain't the solution for that. :wat

Tap/hold/press sounds worse than it is. If you can play and sing then I trust multi-tasking is
not an out of the body experience for you.

And if someone is NOT singing and just playing then they got all the time in the world to
move their feet anywhere they want. Don't be a freaking statue!! :LOL:

If I were just playing guitar in a band I could definitely get away with the 3 footswitches. There’s no way in hell am I going to try to remember/perform tap/hold functions while singing and playing though. :rofl
You can name the scenes. It's easy.

IMG_1037.jpeg

I stay in Stompbox/Effects Mode 90% of the time. One hold on the Center FS gets me back to Master Layout
and then to Scenes or Presets.

This is not hard, people!! :hmm

:rofl

Might as well just get a FM9 at that point?

I moved recently and am now staying somewhere that I can't play amplified. I ended up laying off for the last three months but broke out my Les Paul Junior Special plus a few days ago and was playing it unamplified. Callouses are gone, fingertips hurt when fretting, left hand feels stiff, promising myself I'll never lay off that long again.

So I got off my lazy butt today and broke out the FM9 for the first time in ages. Back before I moved I was practicing using my Blackstar St. James combo so it's been a half year or more since I used it.

Holy crap does that thing sound spectacular!!!

I've always really liked it but had come to take it for granted. Clean, overdrive, crunch, high gain...it absolutely kills no matter what tone you're looking for.

I have some nice gear but I can't remember being this happy with a rig before now. FM3 Turbo of FM9...if you're at all tempted, get it! I really miss my FM3 but couldn't justify keeping it since I have a FM9, Axe III, and FX8,

For people with a severe case of FOMO, don't be surprised if a FM9 Turbo comes out sometime in the future. It won't bother me because I'm really happy with mine and I'm still using first generation firmware. I can't imagine how much better it sounds now with the latest firmware and Dyna Cabs.

Got my Mk II last Monday, then went on a week vacation the next day haha. I've finally got to play for it for a few hours and I love it. Much better than the Helix IMO and I almost feel like I have my EVH 5153 100w back that I had to sell a couple of years ago because I don't play out and live in an apartment. Running it through a Laney LFR 212.

Last edited:
So I got off my lazy butt today and broke out the FM9 for the first time in ages. Back before I moved I was practicing using my Blackstar St. James combo so it's been a half year or more since I used it.

Holy crap does that thing sound spectacular!!!

I've always really liked it but had come to take it for granted.

IKR? I'm starting to like my FM9 more than my real tube amp... which seems odd... but then again, should it seem odd? - The audio quality is pristine and there's no pedalboard cabelling or signal / tone loss there. And my monitors are excellent, much better quality than the PRRI cab, for sure!

There's definitely a period of adjustment to mic'd cabs, and some "letting go" required. Although, I still didn't manage to fully adjust to that with the Helix.

don't be surprised if a FM9 Turbo comes out sometime in the future

Ehhh?. You didn't get the memo? Most of us here have FM9 Turbos :LOL:

You didn't get the memo? Most of us here have FM9 Turbos :LOL:

I had no idea it was already out. You snooze you lose.

10% more DSP power wouldn't be enough to cause me to sell my first generation FM9 to get the Turbo. I haven't hit the limit yet.

Still it's great news for those who got one.

I stay in Stompbox/Effects Mode 90% of the time. One hold on the Center FS gets me back to Master Layout
and then to Scenes or Presets.

This is not hard, people!! :hmm

:rofl

I’m on Scenes 99.9% of the time and set them based on the section of the song, so I’m going from Scene 1 to Scene 3 to Scene 2, etc. But I’m not currently singing and playing in a band. And I have an FM9. This is indeed, not hard.

Back