Floyd Rose -- returning flat or sharp

The Lockmeister seems to be different from the other Floyd bridge they offer. No plates to replace and they offer the Lockmeister in several nut and bridge radiuses to avoid needing shims.
All original Floyds have a shim to change the bridge radius and the nut sets are the same . Same products in different bags.
Once again ; it is the same product as the OFR . Same production line with only the name changed. They are assembled with all the other parts for both models. Schaller have made the original Floyd since 1984. There are two different Korean versions a Chinese one and the Ti in the USA . Then the pro versions.

All original Floyds have a shim to change the bridge radius and the nut sets are the same . Same products in different bags.
Once again ; it is the same product as the OFR . Same production line with only the name changed. They are assembled with all the other parts for both models. Schaller have made the original Floyd since 1984. There are two different Korean versions a Chinese one and the Ti in the USA . Then the pro versions.
The nuts are available at various radius. They are not the same product. It'd be nice if someone on the USA listing something as a "Lockmeister" was actually selling that item.

These in particular make it different:
Screenshot_20240314_193051_Brave.jpg

Screenshot_20240314_193105_Brave.jpg

Nah, they are not. The Lockmeister does not require shims. The nut is available in more than just 10" or 15" (for I think only one neck width) radius.
The new nut with just the R /L and the radius are made for BOTH systems. The information on the OFR website is out of date. Certain sizes come in certain radius in the past but the new nut without the made in Germany mark are up to date on the Schaller website. The modifications they claim on the Lockmiester are also added to the OFR when they switched to cnc saddles. That also altered the knife edges depth slightly without telling anyone. I had to talk to the factory about the alteration. They are what I said, fact.

The new nut with just the R /L and the radius are made for BOTH systems. The information on the OFR website is out of date. Certain sizes come in certain radius in the past but the new nut without the made in Germany mark are up to date on the Schaller website. The modifications they claim on the Lockmiester are also added to the OFR when they switched to cnc saddles. That also altered the knife edges depth slightly without telling anyone. I had to talk to the factory about the alteration. They are what I said, fact.
I'm not really sure why this is something you are arguing about. I posted screenshots from Schaller, so what more would you like?

I'm not really sure why this is something you are arguing about. I posted screenshots from Schaller, so what more would you like?
I know that and fit thes all the time . I have spoken to Schaller about the alterations when the saddles went to the cnc sets . You just don’t seem to understand that they use the same parts for both brands the ONLY difference is the name. The modifications are on both brands but not on the OFR website.
Schaller likes to describe their own brand version against the old specification of the OFR which are not used anymore. All tha parts are interchangeable and identical. The nuts are available for both versions. .

IMG_3497.jpeg

IMG_3498.jpeg

These two are the same. Same production line and 100% the same parts apart from the name. What is difficult to understand here????

I'm discussing the Schaller with the replaceable knife edges vs the Schaller Lockmeister. Those are two different products that Schaller offers.

What is difficult to understand about that?

One other consideration with the zinc baseplate version is the footprint is not the same and although the stud spacing is identical the exact recommended position is not. I my experience you can still intonate a Floyd put on the stud position but don’t try this in a recessed rout. It doesn’t fit. If you decided to swap out a frt1000 the direct swap is the lockmeister the OFR and the 1996 all on existing studs.

The Floyd requires shims to get the right radius, while the Lockmeister I provided a link to does not. Not sure what is difficult for you to understand.
The information on the OFR website isn't up to date. The standard saddle set is 12" for both, OFR used to have a shim for the centre 4 saddles that get you 10" and combinations get the other two . You don't know what your talking about .

Radius of 10" for the nut, shims to get other radiuses for the OFR. "The site is out of date" -- okay, then where can I find these other radiuses that dont require shims? The Lockmeister product I linked to offers various radiuses for the nut and the saddles, without requiring shims to get them.

You don't know what you're talking about either, kettle.

From the Lockmeister product page, which is not available from an Original Floyd Rose or other Schaller Floyd Rose.

- New height-adjusted one-piece string saddles: no more shims needed between saddle and baseplate.
- Improved locking nut and tailpiece shapes with a greater variety of radii.
- Tremolo radii: 10", 12", 14" and 16"
- Locking nut radii 8″, 10″, 12″, 14″ and 16″, in widths R2 (41.4 mm) und R3 (42.9 mm)

Maybe you'll actually read it this time. Probably not.

From the Lockmeister product page, which is not available from an Original Floyd Rose or other Schaller Floyd Rose.

- New height-adjusted one-piece string saddles: no more shims needed between saddle and baseplate.
- Improved locking nut and tailpiece shapes with a greater variety of radii.
- Tremolo radii: 10", 12", 14" and 16"
- Locking nut radii 8″, 10″, 12″, 14″ and 16″, in widths R2 (41.4 mm) und R3 (42.9 mm)

Maybe you'll actually read it this time. Probably not.
I have read it every time. Schaller manufacture three different saddle hight which combine to produce approximately these radius options.
In the last revision BOTH TREMS have these new locknut sizes to replace the old set. OFR still provide a shim to convert a 12" to a 10" and the LM doesn't but both come 12" as standard ( a set to two of each of the three sizes) . if you order one of the others (direct only they put a different combination of the same saddles on to give the approximate radius. Both bridges have sets of the same three sizes to make up the radius you ask for.
The new style nut is marked differently to the original set (these have made in Germany on them ) .The new nuts BOTH TREMS are marked as this;
IMG_3499.jpeg

Back