Fender Tone Master Pro: Episode IV - A New Hope

Tell you what, post a clip of your shredding prowess, then I'll let you know if you can call me names or not. In the meantime, piss off. Your tough guy, internet badass thing is burdensome. I get it, you started the forum, so you get to treat the people here with disdain and run your little fiefdom as self proclaimed Edgelord, but really you come off like a twat.
I don't shred. I use 6 delay pedals at once and just play a c minor chord over and over.

Anyway, whilst tact is relative with some posters, I think the main point wasn't to criticise the playing, merely comment that there was nothing in the actual sounds that changed Capt. Feisty's mind.
Yes, pretty much this, Mr. S.

I will try to be polite, but honestly.... that changes nothing for me. Sounds really poor actually. Nice guitars.

Never insulted his playing. Just don't think the tones are very good, and the TMP is a huge fail in my opinion. Which is precisely why I haven't used one.

I am honestly REALLY confused why all of a sudden there is this need for "balance" when it comes to the TMP. Nobody gives a shit when it comes to the QC, which is actually a device that sounds a million times better than the TMP, regardless of how corny the company is and regardless of the bugs and missed promises.

Show me a decent recto or 5150 clip, and maybe I'll deign to change my mind. Maybe.

Last edited:
Eh. Mike Stringer's demo was more along the lines of what I would consider heavy. However, I'm not too keen on any of his tones here. It probably doesn't help that you can hear the fucking string noise on top of the playing.

Yeah, so confirms everything I've seen so far - the ambient clean stuff is really good. The high-gain is utterly woeful. Those tones sound nowhere near as good as his tones for other Spiritbox stuff I've seen.

2:40ish onwards for example.

The TMP just doesn't compare favourably at all for this stuff.

I know you all love it. But you can't force me or anyone else to love it. We have ears, and we know what we are listening for.

It might be a question of configuration, or of the balance of user-contributed content. I’ve never seen the Fender TMP Discord site (assuming there is one); only the NDSP/QC site, which I find disorienting and generally unhelpful.
I had a problem even creating a Discord account, though I managed it eventually. Then, after visiting several times during the first day, my login no longer worked. I find Discord inferior to a forum such as this, and I think it’s probably aimed at children anyway based on the visual presentation. I suspect the reason I have difficulty accessing the site is because my system does not support 3rd party tracking. The site tried to add a lot of tracking cookies (15 or so) last time I tried to access.

Yeah, we’re coming from different places. I loved my real Dual Rec, but I tend to not like any digital models of Recto’s. Except maybe the Fractal one. I remember the Friedman being better than the Marshalls, but it sounded like a Friedman, haha.

My biggest problem with the 800 is that what I actually love 800s for the most is clean to low gain. I love the attack on the notes in those settings. But it was impossible to get those tones out of the TMP 800 because it didn’t behave at all like a real 800. It always had a weird distortion even with the gain on 0 and it wasn’t responsive like it should be to clean up with the guitar volume knob.

It’s been a long time since I played a Mustang but I feel like the blackface amps in the TMP are better? But the other amps do sound about the same as I remember.
I have never used the Mustang modeller but I shouldn’t be at all surprised if we do have modelling developed for a much lower priced unit in the TMP. The housing and features of the TMP are great (for me) but the sound is the priority and without that all we really have is a quality container. I really do hope Fender addresses the sound quality issues as the TMP really does seem excessively priced, and perhaps in the wrong price bracket entirely, as it stands. I’m still hanging on to my TMP and hoping to be impressed by the next update. Wishful thinking? Maybe….

Discord started as a text / voice chat platform for gamers as an alternative to using something like Skype when playing team-based games together. It got mega popular and now "normies" are using it instead of regular forums for some reason. I don't understand why.

Last edited:
I have never used the Mustang modeller but I shouldn’t be at all surprised if we do have modelling developed for a much lower priced unit in the TMP. The housing and features of the TMP are great (for me) but the sound is the priority and without that all we really have is a quality container. I really do hope Fender addresses the sound quality issues as the TMP really does seem excessively priced, and perhaps in the wrong price bracket entirely, as it stands. I’m still hanging on to my TMP and hoping to be impressed by the next update. Wishful thinking? Maybe….

Thinking about this further, I wonder if this might explain why the blackface Fender models sound so much better than the rest.

And if it might explain why the speaker response feels all wrong on some models. If they were originally designed for the Mustang amps they might have been designed based around that power amp and speaker, which could explain why they don’t feel right direct through an IR?

I know some people were wondering if you could buy a NUX Damp because you think it has an MIMXRT1061 in it, figure out its DFU protocol so you can run your own code on it and "port" the TMP's Deluxe Reverb model to it.

Yes, as long as you skip the convolution reverb.

Thinking about this further, I wonder if this might explain why the blackface Fender models sound so much better than the rest.

And if it might explain why the speaker response feels all wrong on some models. If they were originally designed for the Mustang amps they might have been designed based around that power amp and speaker, which could explain why they don’t feel right direct through an IR?
That could be right. Hmmm….

Never insulted his playing. Just don't think the tones are very good, and the TMP is a huge fail in my opinion. Which is precisely why I haven't used one.

I am honestly REALLY confused why all of a sudden there is this need for "balance" when it comes to the TMP. Nobody gives a shit when it comes to the QC, which is actually a device that sounds a million times better than the TMP, regardless of how corny the company is and regardless of the bugs and missed promises.

Show me a decent recto or 5150 clip, and maybe I'll deign to change my mind. Maybe.
I tend to agree with your view on this. He is a good player and a bt=eta tester but that doesnt mean what he says is golden

well said...i did try the tmp for a few hrs at the store in a private room and while it was built well and had a nice screen and those knobs/switches intigrated I just didnt feel like it was amazing to me. Any why did they set up the models in it to be exactly like the gtx/mustang ones in format? Like i said they should have stuck with all fender models(and i mean a ton of the unique classics) at like 1k pricepoint. Forget the ac30/fiedman stuff and just appeal to fender guys

well said...i did try the tmp for a few hrs at the store in a private room and while it was built well and had a nice screen and those knobs/switches intigrated I just didnt feel like it was amazing to me. Any why did they set up the models in it to be exactly like the gtx/mustang ones in format? Like i said they should have stuck with all fender models(and i mean a ton of the unique classics) at like 1k pricepoint. Forget the ac30/fiedman stuff and just appeal to fender guys
I think it’s good Fender wants to appeal to guitarists across the board so I see the addition of non-Fender models to be a good thing. The problem at the moment seems to be the modelling quality/accuracy seems to be a bit of a mixed bag. I hope one aspect Fender is working on hard is to remove the aliasing, which seems to become more ‘obvious’ as gain levels increase (I’m pretty sure that ‘aliasing’ is the aspect of the sound I’m not liking so much on the TMP though I am still finding I can get some great sounds). Roll on the next update!

Like i said they should have stuck with all fender models(and i mean a ton of the unique classics) at like 1k pricepoint.
Restricting the available models to Fender only isn't going to magically make the TMP cheaper to manufacture, distribute, and sell. ;)

It will, however, make it far less appealing to the vast majority of users, who don't necessarily need or want 10 slightly different flavours of a Deluxe Reverb and zero Marshalls- those users who might be inclined the other way have the very simple option of not selecting any non-Fender models on their TMPs!

Restricting the available models to Fender only isn't going to magically make the TMP cheaper to manufacture, distribute, and sell. ;)

It will, however, make it far less appealing to the vast majority of users, who don't necessarily need or want 10 slightly different flavours of a Deluxe Reverb and zero Marshalls- those users who might be inclined the other way have the very simple option of not selecting any non-Fender models on their TMPs!

Fender makes a lot of amps besides the Deluxe Reverb.

I don’t care if TMP contains non-Fender models, but I still think it would have been smart to give us a better selection of Fender amps. Especially some esoteric offerings that nobody else has.

It doesn’t look good to come out saying you want to be the industry standard for digital Fender amps, but then offer far less digital Fender amps than your competition

I don’t care if TMP contains non-Fender models, but I still think it would have been smart to give us a better selection of Fender amps. Especially some esoteric offerings that nobody else has.

It doesn’t look good to come out saying you want to be the industry standard for digital Fender amps, but then offer far less digital Fender amps than your competition
what she said yes GIF by TipsyElves.com
just do what your supposed to be best at. At 1700 it SHOULD have a boatload of esoteric fender amps modeled..i mean its fender right'/ ? But why mimic the gtx100 amp line up for a supposed top tier modeler from fender? oh any my comment on charging $1k was because it just doesnt compete with the already 1700.00 flagships.period- 1K$ WOULD SEEM MORE REALISTIC

I know...

That wasn't my point.

IMO, there's zero point having a ton of rare/esoteric Fender amps that most of their customer base will have never heard of and not include the "basics" from other amp manufacturers that those customers actually have heard of.

werent marshalls based on a fender amp structure?

Back