Electra-Dyne incoming.

Snoop Dogg Dancing GIF by Romy

Old Man Good Job GIF

As you know @JiveTurkey , I've been in love with my Electra Dyne for five years now and own two of the heads. I've bought and sold/returned several amps during that time, always preferring the Dyne. I just can't find anything I'd rather play than it.

It definitely has its quirks - will be interested in how it goes! Crunch and clean channels are insanely good and I don't have any issue with the shared controls for those. Blue crunch is just pure gold for me and what I use 98% of the time. Takes boosts/pedals really well, too. 45W at home, 90W for gigs and practices, perfect.

You still hanging onto the Badlander?

I saw an Electra Dyne combo pop up for like $850 locally but I really don’t know anything about the amp. Is this more suited to not-metal/hard rock?

You still hanging onto the Badlander?

I saw an Electra Dyne combo pop up for like $850 locally but I really don’t know anything about the amp. Is this more suited to not-metal/hard rock?

It's not a high-gain amp on its own, though it takes boosts/drives really well on both the blue and red channels. The blue has about as much gain as a JCM800, though not near as bright an amp, and the red a bit more. I sometimes describe it as a JMP preamp welded to a Mark Simul Class power amp sort of thing. It's like a vintage Marshall vibe with Mesa low mids and insane power.

It's not a high-gain amp on its own, though it takes boosts/drives really well on both the blue and red channels. The blue has about as much gain as a JCM800, though not near as bright an amp, and the red a bit more. I sometimes describe it as a JMP preamp welded to a Mark Simul Class power amp sort of thing. It's like a vintage Marshall vibe with Mesa low mids and insane power.

I’m interested. I’ll watch some videos later tonight.

I still really want to have a nice tube amp but it’s gotta be clean/edge of breakup focused. Not interested in high gain at all for this amp.

Some of the clips I have listened to are pretty gainy in a classic rock sort of way? Someone described it as Electra Dyne---Royal Atlantic---TC as far as progression of gain range? I have the OCD and will be popping the Sugar Drive on the board as well. I plan on taking the Badlander to my jam room to live on my 4x12 and the ED will get put in a rack kit and gigged. So far, at least. :unsure:

Here's a review from when it first came out.

Love this: :rofl

"Mesa’s amps deserve their reputation for being on the loud side. The Electra-Dyne might be one of the loudest I’ve ever heard."
So, seriously. From what I have read; the taper of the master control is idiotic. I wonder if anyone ever tried replacing it for something more gradual? Supposedly 7:30ish is like "oh" and 7:35 is "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Back