Electra-Dyne incoming.

Somehow I missed this amp in the mesa lineup. Checked it out because of this thread, sounds like a sweet amp. Sounds like something I would really dig, now trying to convince myself I don’t need it. Spent yesterday convincing myself I don’t really need the prs hdrx 20, I have a feeling that an amp purchase is coming before long…

D

Yes, tbh I didn’t like the Dyne at first, until I heard it with V30s. Forgot about that.

Yes, I’m the only guitar player. Do you play with another guitarist in your band?

I do. That meatier/thicker tone is a bit of a detriment. For me. I am 9 times
out of 10 on the same side of the stage as the bass player--so there is that, too.

“This time proven circuit has been revisited, scrutinized and feel-optimized to create an even more luscious clean voice that gets further enhanced by the curvaceous magic of the Simul-Class Power section…

… More tube stages are added and circuitry flipped to create this Boogie-ized, Simul-Class rendering of a modified English amp that’s been pumped for every drop of the precious tube nectar..”
1666537363414.png

It's a Bogner Shiva. ;) I'd be shocked if that was not the template/ballpark Mesa/Randall were
shooting for when they made the ED. Right down to the choice of knobs, the deep and rich
clean channel, and the often a little too thick and dark OD channels.

Great amp. Just THICK and for me a bit too much so. Shiva was the same. Super dark (and full)
but not the best cut----and you have to get them screaming loud to get the mids to bust
through.

Keep in mind I am a JCM800 sort of guy and think 90% of guitar players these days want/crave
too much bass/lows in their .... errr.... "tone." Chug! Chug! :headbang

No doubt it is a perfect for some like @TubeStack . :beer
Not sure if you talking about the first iteration of the Shiva but the 20th Anniversary is anything but too thick, dark, and dull. Yes Bogner shifts the mids out of the upper end so it’s not like a Marshall upper mid cut but can you make it sound close and it’s is super articulate with balanced mids. What I do if I want a Marshall out of my 20th I just back the gain down and uses tube screamer type pedal then the mids are very Marshall but with nice bottom end. Man I love that amp and I’ve owned more than I care to acknowledge and it sits in the top 5 I’ve ever owned. So if the ED gets close to a 20th Shiva then IMHO it would be a smokin amp.

Sitting on a porch. Getting wet cardboard. Gee; I hope his back isn't hurting from not reading the "Please put packages inside" sign.

JFC this thing is HEAVY

Did someone say heavy? I don’t move it… ever.

So is the "new" Boogie thing you can now crank the living fuck out of every knob other than the bass control and get a usable tone? Not much time to experiment. You know; because hernia. But the blue channel with everything cranked is damn good and the red channel is :rawk as well. I can see myself rolling back the volume knob on the guitar and leaving the red channel cranked the fuck up for most of the night.

90w mode is LOUD. I can certainly see the quick sweep on the master knob to "ooh I've been sterilized" :wat:rofl

Stock speaker sucks in my few minutes with it. I like the G12K85s in my 412 but I am betting I'd like some V30s more. Should have some time later this week to futz with the F12s, fx and IRs.

None more heavier. Over 100lbs. My Super Reverb feels like lugging a Princeton in comparison.

:LOL:

View attachment 1949

Man, that is such a COOL AMP, @la szum ! So sweet! :headbang

And wow, I had a Royal Atlantic 2x12 combo that's weight put fear into me, but it wasn't 100+ lbs. I think it was 91 lbs. I knew its days were numbered when I started having physical anxiety about moving it into my van before a gig or practice. :grin

Back