Electra-Dyne incoming.

I told my wife the same thing literally this morning. (I was mostly making fun of my hippy mom, who thinks "Mercury is in retrograde" all year long, but it has definitely been one of those weeks months.)

Nice! We are both mean to hippies then! Is it them or us??? ;)

I like to ask, "When Mercury is NOT in Retrograde and shit breaks do we just blame Satan?" :idk

Isn't there some kind of "Trim" or "FX Level" control on the back of the amp??

Memory is failing me a bit, and helping me a little at the same time.

Yeah suddenly there was zero punch. I don't have spare tubes for testing or replacement. I am not sure I want to spend 30 minutes on the phone with Guitar Center arguing my point either.

Hmmmmm.

FWIW, when the rivera duo twelve I got from GC used kept blowing fuses upon arrival, It was pretty easy/quick email to guitar center and they sent me a free quad of GT EL34s. Now, that didnt end up fixing the problem, and when I pulled the board out to bias it was covered in burns and the bias pot was shredded to bits... but they did not want the EL34s back when I returned it so that was kind of cool lol

Sounds like a preamp tube to me tho... I'd test that if you can

Here's a question. @TubeStack or @Deadpan . If you are using the fx return as an input; is the Master control not active? I plugged my Stomp through the return and the Master control did nothing iirc. Which doesn't make sense to me.
Some Mesa designs do route the FX return post-Master. Be careful not to knock all your teeth out. (Start with the Stomp's volume very, very low.)

FWIW, when the rivera duo twelve I got from GC used kept blowing fuses upon arrival, It was pretty easy/quick email to guitar center and they sent me a free quad of GT EL34s. Now, that didnt end up fixing the problem, and when I pulled the board out to bias it was covered in burns and the bias pot was shredded to bits... but they did not want the EL34s back when I returned it so that was kind of cool lol

Sounds like a preamp tube to me tho... I'd test that if you can
Mesa likes recommend you use their tubes only. I know that doesn't mean you have to but ugh. I am going to futz with the preamp tubes this evening and cross my fingers that the Bugera turd collection has some useful (barely not microphonic) ones I can test with.

Nice! We are both mean to hippies then! Is it them or us??? ;)

I like to ask, "When Mercury is NOT in Retrograde and s**t breaks do we just blame Satan?" :idk
"Them or us" is so divisive. I'm mean to everybody, equally.

And you clearly have not been paying enough attention to your hippies. There is no "blame", because "God has a plan" and "Everything happens for a reason."

:sofa

On the BL (and many amps), Master and sometimes/if you're lucky presence works. It was making no difference with the Electradyne though. Ugh. I hate troubleshooting :cuss:rofl

Huh? FX Return must be post Master on that amp. Or there is an issue with the power section.

I do the same and have no use for the front panel controls (including Master Volume). Have to control
my volume with the FM3 I am running into the Loop.

Some amps have FX Send/Return Level controls on them--which are always nice.

Don’t hurt me. I like my tube amps too.

And I like my modelers, too! Currently own the FM9 and have had the FM3, Stomp, Helix Floor, and Stage.

But I will gladly pay more $ for a new modeler vs used. Used digital stuff scares me. Maybe it's overboard, but I'd rather have new with the warranty, etc.

However, I'll happily meet some sketchy dude in a parking lot and buy a used tube amp without even trying it out... :grin

"Them or us" is so divisive. I'm mean to everybody, equally.

And you clearly have not been paying enough attention to your hippies. There is no "blame", because "God has a plan" and "Everything happens for a reason."

:sofa

Haha! Is it wrong that I may have vomited in my mouth a little?? ;)

I just wish "they" would shower once in awhile instead of slapping on a bunch of Patchouli
and calling it "good."

Hippie GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

And I like my modelers, too! Currently own the FM9 and have had the FM3, Stomp, Helix Floor, and Stage.

But I will gladly pay more $ for a new modeler vs used. Used digital stuff scares me. Maybe it's overboard, but I'd rather have new with the warranty, etc.

However, I'll happily meet some sketchy dude in a parking lot and buy a used tube amp without even trying it out... :grin

I agree. I bricked an Helix doing a simple firmware update. Glad it was within the 30 day window. Took out
half the screen, too. Couldn't tell what was going on with all the pixelation and white-screening.

Shit happens no matter who we are, I suppose.

Haha! I have some great "I have dated a few Hippies in my lifetime" tales, but won't further
derail this "Help me troubleshoot my amp in the Heartland" thread. :beer

I agree. I bricked an Helix doing a simple firmware update. Glad it was within the 30 day window. Took out
half the screen, too. Couldn't tell what was going on with all the pixelation and white-screening.

Same exact thing here, too. Helix Floor became completely unresponsive during an update. The guy at the store even tried and couldn't revive it.

Back