Electra-Dyne incoming.

Dude that sucks! Man to have a ripping tone to only have it crap the bed and no worky. That’s one the most ultimate teases.
Yeah, it's pretty crappy. I beat my Dyne to death pushing the poweramp till it oscillates on many sessions and it's still a beast. I let an EVH 5153, Randall Satan and Dover DA50 sit and they get cold solder joints. Unbelievable.

I actually don't. Don't worry though :bag :rofl

Whats Up What GIF by Ryn Dean

Man, @JiveTurkey , it's such a drag that this happened. After new tubes and a tune-up, I have not had a single problem with either of my Dynes, ever. But I get the need to just move on.

Also, the combo is not the greatest format for this amp, especially re. weight and the stock speaker.

However, if you ever see the small-shell Dyne head anywhere, I highly recommend you grab it! It's a totally manageable size and weight and has an insane amount of tone and power in a very reasonable package. I still can't believe I found one up here in the Great North.

Party GIF by CBC

Refund received. Saga over. :bag

We did some testing in store. Bass knob works on clean channel. Presence doesn't work at all. Reverb switches and level control have issues because intermittent loss of power seems to be tied to it. Wtf Mesa :mad:

It could have been like that when it was traded in, too. Or maybe why it was traded in. :idk

Yeah, it's pretty crappy. I beat my Dyne to death pushing the poweramp till it oscillates on many sessions and it's still a beast. I let an EVH 5153, Randall Satan and Dover DA50 sit and they get cold solder joints. Unbelievable.
Wanna take a drive to make a sale? :bag :rofl
I REALLY love the simulcass power section. Really the head version (if it worked) would be perfect. I don't need 90watts but I'd certainly take it :satan
Man, @JiveTurkey , it's such a drag that this happened. After new tubes and a tune-up, I have not had a single problem with either of my Dynes, ever. But I get the need to just move on.

Also, the combo is not the greatest format for this amp, especially re. weight and the stock speaker.

However, if you ever see the small-shell Dyne head anywhere, I highly recommend you grab it! It's a totally manageable size and weight and has an insane amount of tone and power in a very reasonable package. I still can't believe I found one up here in the Great North.

Party GIF by CBC
I'm keeping my eyes peeled.
It could have been like that when it was traded in, too. Or maybe why it was traded in. :idk
Yeah its just two in a row paranoia syndrome. "Funnily" enough; the rep that helped me at GC (super cool guy) said another guy was in recently that bought a 212 Tremoverb off gc used and had return it because it was destroyed in transit. They need some packing assistance for items like this.

Yeah its just two in a row paranoia syndrome. "Funnily" enough; the rep that helped me at GC (super cool guy) said another guy was in recently that bought a 212 Tremoverb off gc used and had return it because it was destroyed in transit. They need some packing assistance for items like this.

No! I feel the sadness much with that one. :(

I REALLY love the simulcass power section.

YES. Me too.

I'm realizing this may be what ultimately keeps me from ever going full modeler + power amp and cab.

There just doesn't seem to be an easy power amp option that makes sense and can compete with it, other than maybe the SD PS 700 or Fryette PS 100, both of which I'll probably try someday (or maybe the GT1000FX, but they're getting a bad rep, company-wise). But even then, it's a lot of cash for something that might sound as good as the Dyne just easily does on its own, nothing extra spent.

I feel like while I've recently fallen in love with the Fractal Friedman BE100 V3 model, I don't have a way to push it through my cabs that is as huge and 3D-sounding as Mesa 90W Simul Class (and no, I'm not going to bring the Dyne just to power the FM9 models, sorry). The Power Amp In on the Katana 100 is fun, but it just can't compete, either.

Anwyay, off/related topic ramble aside: good luck with your next amp hunt!

Last edited:
Wanna take a drive to make a sale? :bag :rofl
I think I might be incapable of selling haha

However, this flaw has turned out to be a benifit :)

I do have the Tweaker listed I got from Frank, but there seem to be no buyers around here.

Last edited:
YES. Me too.

I'm realizing this may be what ultimately keeps me from ever going full modeler + power amp and cab.

There just doesn't seem to be an easy power amp option that makes sense and can compete with it, other than maybe the SD PS 700 or Fryette PS 100, both of which I'll probably try someday (or maybe the GT1000FX, but they're getting a bad rep, company-wise). But even then, it's a lot of cash for something that might sound as good as the Dyne just easily does on its own, nothing extra spent.

I feel like while I've recently fallen in love with the Fractal Friedman BE100 V3 model, I don't have a way to push it through my cabs that is as huge and 3D-sounding as Mesa 90W Simul Class (and no, I'm not going to bring the Dyne just to power the FM9 models, sorry). The Power Amp In is fun on the Katana 100 is fun, but it just can't compete, either.

Anwyay, off/related topic ramble aside: good luck with your next amp hunt!
Do you use pedals though? A modeler is pretty much a collection of stuff that sits at your feet occupying the same space pedals would. And for the most part (ime); is never going to be as enjoyable being amplified in any other fashion. Might as well go with it :chef

Do you use pedals though? A modeler is pretty much a collection of stuff that sits at your feet occupying the same space pedals would. And for the most part (ime); is never going to be as enjoyable being amplified in any other fashion. Might as well go with it :chef

The FM9 has replaced all my pedals but one (Keeley Fuzz Head).

I think I see what you’re saying, but I guess for me it's still real tube amp > modeler through tube power amp.

The main appeal for me in even trying modelers, aside from curiosity, fun, and access to different amp types/sounds, is the idea of bringing a super light and small power amp instead of a heavy tube head. That’s really it, and maybe feeling like I’m cool because I’m using a super-futuristic, state of the art setup instead some “boomer” with his ancient tube amp… (even though I'm Gen X). :rofl

That, and I think modelers are inescapably the future, so I want to know how to use them.

Bought my newer Peavey Butcher for $200 with a broken shell at our local GC. They will deal when damaged.
There was a Mk II Rockerverb 100 there for $1049. It's basically a 3u rack amp in an Orange headshell. I didn't turn it on but the front chassis plate was bent to all fuck. What are these people doing?!?!? :wat:rofl

There was a Mk II Rockerverb 100 there for $1049. It's basically a 3u rack amp in an Orange headshell. I didn't turn it on but the front chassis plate was bent to all f**k. What are these people doing?!?!? :wat:rofl
Dang - no kidding!! LOL.

Man, speaking of irrational gas (In that other thread) - I have irrational gas for an Orange amp.

Back