Do Something - Season Two - Week Seven(dust)

Iron1

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
Only two weeks left in season two! Here's what's going on so far:

Regular weekly/bi-weekly challenge:

@Iron1 - 11
@TravisG406 - 5
@FuzzyAce - 8
@Alex Kenivel - 6
@Whizzinby - 3
@mbenigni - 1
@megametal7 - 3
@DrewJD82 - 1
@Moondog Wily - 5
@T Gobbs - 4
@EveryoneElse - slackers

That's 47 pieces of music that didn't exist prior to this challenge. Way to go!

The rest of TGF combined: No-Longer-Live studio audience

TGF Do Something Season Two BANDMATE CHAMPION:

>crickets<

Ok, time to get going with Week Seven(dust)!

567ad72db78816d34b532784_rw_1200.jpg

Season Two rolls on!

Congrats to all who have participated already!

For all the rules, reasons why the UPS will deliver your gear to empty lots in Houston, where headless centipedes worship insecticide, how to win an authentic Revdrucifer autographed rimshot (now flavored with McRib sauce), why the Twilight Zone is more normal than modern America and other such non-existent musings, please refer to the Week One thread.

More of the same synth drivel! Did include some extra stuff here, like organic bongo playing, quotes from various sources, etc.!!

i love that cyclical thing you're doing.. dunno how to put it into words..it almost sounds like changing instrument presets while playing, but in a way that makes rhythmic bouncy pleasure feelings

i love that cyclical thing you're doing.. dunno how to put it into words..it almost sounds like changing instrument presets while playing, but in a way that makes rhythmic bouncy pleasure feelings
Several of the ones I posted were the same instrument/preset, but on this and I think one other one, after making the first MIDI keyboard part, I then assigned a different instrument. I then faded them in and out throughout the song! I am having a blast with this stuff, and I have no idea what genre of music it would even be called ;~)) Thanks for the kind words, I already have two more recorded but I don't want to keep posting the same old same old (even though they are unique in many ways)!

OK, this one was a lot of fun for me, especially the keyboard frills (first appearance around 3min or so I believe) that the synth has in this patch! I think I am going to put these all on my bandcamp page considering it costs me nothing to do so! It will be the start of a series titled "In The Flesh" and the subtitle for this first installment will be "Seven Suns" ;~))

***edit, remix posted below***

Haven't been able to come up with anything for a couple weeks. Didn't want to be lame and not submit anything for two weeks, so I just forced myself to commit to something and finish it in a couple hours. (Even though the distorted parts need more time to finish)

Objectively terrible, but a submission nonetheless.

Last edited:

Tweaked it. Made the drums move a little earlier in song. Recut the distorted bit. Brought the RG in to do RG things down the center. Need to figure out volume automation so I can raise the entire volume of the distorted section, but that's for another day. No car test, just going off monitors and earbuds. lol

Back