@FuzzyAce - 7!!
@Alex Kenivel - 3
@Whizzinby - 3
@mbenigni - 1
@megametal7 - 3
@DrewJD82 - 1
@Moondog Wily - 1
@EveryoneElse - slackers

That's 29 pieces of music that didn't exist prior to this challenge. Way to go!

The rest of TGF combined: Slack Stackers

TGF Do Something Season Two BANDMATE CHAMPION:

>crickets<

Ok, time to get going with Week Five.

original-film-title-the-greatest-show-on-earth-english-title-the-greatest-show-on-earth-film-director-cecil-b-demille-year-1952-credit-paramount-pictures-album-P0TJCC.jpg

Season Two is rolling!

Congrats to all who have participated already!

For all the rules, reasons why the IRS will seize your gear for participating, where babies could come from, how to win an authentic Revdrucifer autographed rimshot (now with added Taco Bell sauce)., why the sky isn't actually blue and other such non-existent musings, please refer to the Week One thread.

OK, could have probably slid this one in for week 4 but F it! I get to be first in week five ;~)) This is another piece of me just geekin' out on the keyboard and then laid some drum tracks on it, some effects here and there, and this is it! At least this one isn't 20 minutes like the last one I posted!! Appropriately titled "What The Hell Is This?"!!!

WhatHellIsThis_2023May27.jpg

Edit: Video Link

Last edited:
OK, could have probably slid this one in for week 4 but F it! I get to be first in week five ;~)) This is another piece of me just geekin' out on the keyboard and then laid some drum tracks on it, some effects here and there, and this is it! At least this one isn't 20 minutes like the last one I posted!! Appropriately titled "What The Hell Is This?"!!!

View attachment 7652
I love it. What synth(s) you using?

I love it. What synth(s) you using?
Glad you like! I got kind of hypnotized by it after I made it and listened to it like 10 times in a row ;~)) The synth is some Native Instruments Kontakt item, but I don't recall which one. I will try and dig that info up next time I am in there!!

I'd planned to write a track or two yesterday after I finished planting a tree in my yard. Then, wouldn't you know it the only "injury" I got planting was a slice across the tip of my index finger on my left hand. So, no fretting with that yesterday. Was hoping it would have healed enough overnight that I could do something this morning, but nooooo... Not like it's any big deal but it's right where the finger tip hits the strings. Guitar player's Murphys Law. :rofl

I'd planned to write a track or two yesterday after I finished planting a tree in my yard. Then, wouldn't you know it the only "injury" I got planting was a slice across the tip of my index finger on my left hand. So, no fretting with that yesterday. Was hoping it would have healed enough overnight that I could do something this morning, but nooooo... Not like it's any big deal but it's right where the finger tip hits the strings. Guitar player's Murphys Law. :rofl
Hate when that happens. Super glue is your friend!

Hate when that happens. Super glue is your friend!
This is only the second time it's derailed me from playing. The first time was a young player's horror story:

Before I really knew how to play, one of my roommates was a great player and offered to teach me some stuff. I had a buddy with a killer guitar I wanted really bad and GAS'ed after for months. MY buddy finally offered to sell it to me, but I was cash short at the time. He agreed to hang onto it til I got paid a few weeks later.

At the time, I worked for a landscaping company and on pay day, I went to work, super jazzed that I was going to get this guitar after work. We got our paychecks at lunch time and I took mine straight to the bank and cashed it so I would have the dollars to buy the guitar right when I got off. It was a Friday and I would have all weekend to play this thing.

About an hour before quitting time, I was working on one of our machines and sliced all four of my left fingertips straight across in the same line they would land on a guitar string. Like, couldn't have done it more perfectly to prevent playing guitar if I wanted to. :rofl It wasn't quite deep enough to need stitches, but close.

So, I bought the guitar and took it home, then had to wait 3 weeks til the slices in my fingers had healed enough to play. The whole time my roommate and a few of our friends sat and played it while I watched. :rofl Funny now, but sucked balls at the time.

This is only the second time it's derailed me from playing. The first time was a young player's horror story:

Before I really knew how to play, one of my roommates was a great player and offered to teach me some stuff. I had a buddy with a killer guitar I wanted really bad and GAS'ed after for months. MY buddy finally offered to sell it to me, but I was cash short at the time. He agreed to hang onto it til I got paid a few weeks later.

At the time, I worked for a landscaping company and on pay day, I went to work, super jazzed that I was going to get this guitar after work. We got our paychecks at lunch time and I took mine straight to the bank and cashed it so I would have the dollars to buy the guitar right when I got off. It was a Friday and I would have all weekend to play this thing.

About an hour before quitting time, I was working on one of our machines and sliced all four of my left fingertips straight across in the same line they would land on a guitar string. Like, couldn't have done it more perfectly to prevent playing guitar if I wanted to. :rofl It wasn't quite deep enough to need stitches, but close.

So, I bought the guitar and took it home, then had to wait 3 weeks til the slices in my fingers had healed enough to play. The whole time my roommate and a few of our friends sat and played it while I watched. :rofl Funny now, but sucked balls at the time.
oh, that would have sucked though. :roflTorture just waiting.
I mentioned super glue because it does work in a pinch. I've had cuts on my fingers before gigs and had to use it. Gets you through.

View attachment 7652
sick!

Yesterday my daughters for some reason were death metal scream-counting numbers in succession at each other so I decided to make a song for them to sing over. My youngest always gets mic shy so my oldest got a chance to try out her Salnotes 7Hz Zero I got her this past X-Mas (finally) while she recorded the vocals for a metal Count-to-50 song. Enjoy.

Yesterday my daughters for some reason were death metal scream-counting numbers in succession at each other so I decided to make a song for them to sing over. My youngest always gets mic shy so my oldest got a chance to try out her Salnotes 7Hz Zero I got her this past X-Mas (finally) while she recorded the vocals for a metal Count-to-50 song. Enjoy.

Fun all the way through the giggles! I'll bet she enjoyed being a part of that!!

That's hilarious.:roflMy throat hurts just listening to that haha.
Reminds me of my nieces when they were around 8 and 10. They would sing crazy, weird stuff on the microphone when we'd have jam sessions (my bro is a drummer).

I pulled out one of the many classical student guitars from storage and restrung it this weekend so I can bring it to work. The one I have at work currently is ready to go, strings are black and some frets are coming up. Now that the strings are good and stretched out I decided to record a little jam based on a Stephen Lynch song with a twist.

Recorded the Fender classical acoustic with my XREF Omnidirectional mic pointed at where the neck meets the body, about 7 to 10 inches back, processed with Helix Native -- some compression, EQ, subtle chorus, tape saturation, reverb.

Percussion is the same acoustic through the same mic, just turned over on my lap and me tapping on the back of the body. Compressed, EQed and reverberated.

Lead is my Ibanez AZ neck pickup set to parallel, vol rolled back into the DemonFX King of Drive OD, PRS MT15 Clean channel, with some Dynamic Plate from the HX Stomp in the loop. Greenback 2x12 with the XREF mic 5-6" away from the cap edge pointed inward a smidge. EQed

Great Satan, I tried to upload this to Audius and I got three different "we're just too busy to process right now" notifications. SC it is:

oh, that would have sucked though. :roflTorture just waiting.
I mentioned super glue because it does work in a pinch. I've had cuts on my fingers before gigs and had to use it. Gets you through.
It totally sucked. I've heard of the superglue trick before, but never had to do it in a pinch, thankfully. Right now it's almost healed enough to withstand some 6-string blacksmithing. Hopefully later this week...

That is like the best Sesame Street song I've ever heard. :grin:banana:grin
I pulled out one of the many classical student guitars from storage and restrung it this weekend so I can bring it to work. The one I have at work currently is ready to go, strings are black and some frets are coming up. Now that the strings are good and stretched out I decided to record a little jam based on a Stephen Lynch song with a twist.

Recorded the Fender classical acoustic with my XREF Omnidirectional mic pointed at where the neck meets the body, about 7 to 10 inches back, processed with Helix Native -- some compression, EQ, subtle chorus, tape saturation, reverb.

Percussion is the same acoustic through the same mic, just turned over on my lap and me tapping on the back of the body. Compressed, EQed and reverberated.

Lead is my Ibanez AZ neck pickup set to parallel, vol rolled back into the DemonFX King of Drive OD, PRS MT15 Clean channel, with some Dynamic Plate from the HX Stomp in the loop. Greenback 2x12 with the XREF mic 5-6" away from the cap edge pointed inward a smidge. EQed

Great Satan, I tried to upload this to Audius and I got three different "we're just too busy to process right now" notifications. SC it is:

Good stuff - and crazy contrast to what's going down on the 'Street.
I have no guitars and had to mix this on laptop speakers.

T in the house - Ratchet & Clank's house from the sounds of it. Glad you made it over here brutha! :beer

Back