Do Something - Season Two - Week (Mach?) 5

Created that stuff in Midjourney AI (and a bit of Photoshop afterward). It's all @DrewJD82 's fault because of a thread he started (https://thegearforum.com/threads/well-i-know-how-ill-be-doing-my-album-artwork.1440/)! Glad you like, I am having a blast creating artwork for my music with it!!
I figured it was some sort of AI. I'm really mix-minded on it. I know, and work with, a LOT of artists and seeing the rise of AI created artwork is making their already-tough-to-get-paid lifestyle even tougher. But, I've also seen some really cool AI stuff. Feels a little like the advent of DAWs and such and how that impacted recording studios/sound engineers. But this is far more pervasive/impactful.

Definitely watching history unfold...

I figured it was some sort of AI. I'm really mix-minded on it. I know, and work with, a LOT of artists and seeing the rise of AI created artwork is making their already-tough-to-get-paid lifestyle even tougher. But, I've also seen some really cool AI stuff. Feels a little like the advent of DAWs and such and how that impacted recording studios/sound engineers. But this is far more pervasive/impactful.

Exactly how I feel Iron. I also worked with a lot of artists at a former job. We used AI, but it was "Adobe Illustrator", lol.

I hear ya'! I am a programmer and am seeing opportunities in my field vanish as well due to AI! Working as a consultant does not help matters any either and I have been doing that for 25+ years. In the past, I have done all but 2 pieces of my artwork (out of 70 or so pieces I have done for my music), AI gets me better results in less time. Point is, I was not going out to hire anyone to do my art, I instead have hired a bot to help me make better art than I could without it. Same is true with Photoshop, it helps me make better art than I could with my bare hands. It is what it is and as Peter Gabriel said in an interview recently, we can fight it (AI) or dance with it. I don't have time for a fight, too old, too focused on my music (which is also going to get out done by AI bots but I will continue to create my music).

Created that stuff in Midjourney AI (and a bit of Photoshop afterward). It's all @DrewJD82 's fault because of a thread he started (https://thegearforum.com/threads/well-i-know-how-ill-be-doing-my-album-artwork.1440/)! Glad you like, I am having a blast creating artwork for my music with it!!
Like Iron, I had a feeling it was AI (except for the font/graphic adds). That last one is really cool though. Hard to believe where AI is and is going. It is actually frightening on many levels across all walks of life. Brace yourselves.

Like Iron, I had a feeling it was AI (except for the font/graphic adds). That last one is really cool though. Hard to believe where AI is and is going. It is actually frightening on many levels across all walks of life. Brace yourselves.

Yup. Like a cute, little Puppy licking your face and making you feel ok about life until it grows into a
monster who devours your face. :LOL:

I hear ya'! I am a programmer and am seeing opportunities in my field vanish as well due to AI! Working as a consultant does not help matters any either and I have been doing that for 25+ years. In the past, I have done all but 2 pieces of my artwork (out of 70 or so pieces I have done for my music), AI gets me better results in less time. Point is, I was not going out to hire anyone to do my art, I instead have hired a bot to help me make better art than I could without it. Same is true with Photoshop, it helps me make better art than I could with my bare hands. It is what it is and as Peter Gabriel said in an interview recently, we can fight it (AI) or dance with it. I don't have time for a fight, too old, too focused on my music (which is also going to get out done by AI bots but I will continue to create my music).
Don't get me wrong, I'm right there with you. I created the Red VVinter and Ghost Shadows artwork myself, then was going to do the same for TWOxFOUR, but tried the AI thing linked above and went with one of the dozen images it spit out.

images

1685711593715.jpeg

3XCkQiR.jpg

Passable via WAV. Tolerable on SoundCloud via browser and monitors. Bag of dicks via SoundCloud mobile app with ear pods.

Beat fit pro here (hyped lows and highs) - apologies I’ll go into studio later on monitors

Great vibe as usual- silly jelly how you do … love it. 👍

Solid mix. Can hear everything clearly. Glued together well. Kick is right there. Bass is there on earbuds! Guitar toanz that slay.

Sounds Whizziluscious!

OK, could have probably slid this one in for week 4 but F it! I get to be first in week five ;~)) This is another piece of me just geekin' out on the keyboard and then laid some drum tracks on it, some effects here and there, and this is it! At least this one isn't 20 minutes like the last one I posted!! Appropriately titled "What The Hell Is This?"!!!

View attachment 7652

Great comp and production!

Dig it the funk w the groove … very textured.

👍❤️🙏

Yesterday my daughters for some reason were death metal scream-counting numbers in succession at each other so I decided to make a song for them to sing over. My youngest always gets mic shy so my oldest got a chance to try out her Salnotes 7Hz Zero I got her this past X-Mas (finally) while she recorded the vocals for a metal Count-to-50 song. Enjoy.

That’s killer lol lmao … what a good dad!

Back