Do Something - Season Two - Week (H)8

Threw this together this morning to make the cut for the final week. Been out of inspiration so tried to force myself to do something in standard tuning. That's like trying to brush your teeth with your left hand. :ROFLMAO: (And ended up like everything else I do in dropped D lol)

I always like your ideas.

In this one, at about 2:13 I like how you used the space from the stereo spread distorted guitar, and then threw the strum riff straight down the middle to make it sound more 3D.

I always like your ideas.

In this one, at about 2:13 I like how you used the space from the stereo spread distorted guitar, and then threw the strum riff straight down the middle to make it sound more 3D.

Thanks man. Was trying to make that part feel like it repeatedly widens and collapses until the riffy part after it. The octave run sounds a little abrasive for my liking tbh, I probably should have double tracked it to smoothen it out some, but I had to spend more time than I wanted clipping that section to not make the octaves turn the man riff behind it wavy.

Upon a SoundCloud re-listen I probably should have turned my “Ambient” bus up a little more so the harmonic and single note texture stuff pops a little more and is less buried. I also can’t for the life of me (short of figuring out volume animation for an entire section) figure out how to make the opening part of the distorted sections of my tracks pop out, they always seem come in a little less loud, which blunts the dynamic shift. That kinda bugs me, but it’s hard to learn all this crap all at once. lol

A slight bump in volume would be the first thing I would try, because you already have the ambient tones on your cleans.

I've been watching video's on automation, reverbs, delays and volume. The issue is many of those guys are doing electronic, EDM , heavy synth stuff. And of course it make's the transition pop between little synth stabs. But what about when it's 8-10 measures of distorted guitar?

Sweetwater has some decent savings on plugs right now, so thinking about grabbing Ozone 10 Standard and EZ Drummer 3. Fab Filter ProQ 3 might be pushing the paypal funds a bit - hidden money and instant arrival via download. ;) I'll hit up the wife for the OK on buying a MOTU M4 at some point.

I'm going to need another external drive too - with the EZD library disk space is going to be sparse for performance and space for tracks.

A slight bump in volume would be the first thing I would try, because you already have the ambient tones on your cleans.

I've been watching video's on automation, reverbs, delays and volume. The issue is many of those guys are doing electronic, EDM , heavy synth stuff. And of course it make's the transition pop between little synth stabs. But what about when it's 8-10 measures of distorted guitar?

Sweetwater has some decent savings on plugs right now, so thinking about grabbing Ozone 10 Standard and EZ Drummer 3. Fab Filter ProQ 3 might be pushing the paypal funds a bit - hidden money and instant arrival via download. ;) I'll hit up the wife for the OK on buying a MOTU M4 at some point.

I'm going to need another external drive too - with the EZD library disk space is going to be sparse for performance and space for tracks.

I bought ProQ3 last week after my month trial ended. Really dig it, particularly the masking visuals so you can see where frequencies are building up.

I have the Izotope subscription. I originally bought the elements bundle (which is basically just the AI assistant) but just did the subscription thing for $20 a month because after adding up the costs to buy the full versions of Ozone and Neutron it would be the equivalent of just getting the subscription for like three years. (And that’s assuming they don’t release newer version of their stuff you’d want to upgrade $ to) It’s cool because you can use all their other stuff but I’ve only dabbled with RX and Tonal Balance so far.

I thought I was going to skip this week because my boss is out of town and I'm holding down the fort. I mustered enough energy to start this yesterday and finished just now. Inspired by one of the previous entries from @Bruce, a cover of Bryan Adams' Kids Wanna Rock. I wanted to do a hard rock version of this song forever and after seeing his band's rendition of Summer of 69 I finally pushed myself to do it.

I thought I was going to skip this week because my boss is out of town and I'm holding down the fort. I mustered enough energy to start this yesterday and finished just now. Inspired by one of the previous entries from @Bruce, a cover of Bryan Adams' Kids Wanna Rock. I wanted to do a hard rock version of this song forever and after seeing his band's rendition of Summer of 69 I finally pushed myself to do it.

Rockin, good choice. All people know are the hits.

Back