Digitech Bad Monkey Hype Train

Seriously, who hasn’t bought a pedal because someone at a guitar shop was freaking out about it, or a buddy was swearing up and down how revolutionary something is? I’ve spent HUNDREDS, maybe more on pedals that someone else thought was amazing, and I got it, and went “meh”.

It just goes to show that guitarists are fickle, superstitious, and generally have the attention spans of a squirrel.
And clinically insane

This begs the question though, was it this just that the cork sniffers didn’t actually listen to the pedal, many years ago, or just the mention of a Klon sends them off the rails so badly, or both?

Last edited:
I can’t wait for the threads in a few weeks resurrecting the age old question, why does the bad monkey horribly screw up my bypassed tone?

It was a cool OD because it sounded good and was cheap. It was a frustrating pedal because of the bypass issue. It’s gonna be really frustrating if you spent $650 on it…

There are some damn crazy people in this world.

D

Oh and how is it that the only gear I ever sell or trade ends up being worth something due to some stupid YouTube moment?

I’ve got drawers full of shit this never happens to lol. Maybe I should start feeding Josh some video ideas….

D

Oh and how is it that the only gear I ever sell or trade ends up being worth something due to some stupid YouTube moment?

I’ve got drawers full of s**t this never happens to lol. Maybe I should start feeding Josh some video ideas….

D
I’m with you. Any piece of gear I’ve owned, that went up in value, I sold like decades ago. A Peavey Vandenberg I sold in the 90’s, and a Ross distortion box I bought in like 1981 or 82, that I broke, and didn’t keep track of it after like 1983.

This will be a first for me, (still having it), and I’m pretty sure I have 2 Bad Monkeys still.

These will come back down to earth again, and probably soon.

Whooaa I thought that video was joke and didn't even watch it. I've got one in the closet to I paid $30 for

1679035629890.png

kind of amazing how much influence Josh has over guitarists - if he says anything about any pedal it drives interest up, and it just be fun for him to just do this and watch how much sway he has.

I see no real issue here - no one needs one that bad, and if you do, god knows how many other variations of a Tubescreamer are out there for almost zero money that will be just as good.

kind of amazing how much influence Josh has over guitarists - if he says anything about any pedal it drives interest up, and it just be fun for him to just do this and watch how much sway he has.

I see no real issue here - no one needs one that bad, and if you do, god knows how many other variations of a Tubescreamer are out there for almost zero money that will be just as good.

I find it extremely interesting how some people are saying things like “Josh knows his influence on the market, he should be considerate of that“, by “extremely interesting” I mean “absolutely f*cking absurd”. They’re f*cking guitar pedals, he’s not influencing a global economy.

I find it extremely interesting how some people are saying things like “Josh knows his influence on the market, he should be considerate of that“, by “extremely interesting” I mean “absolutely f*cking absurd”. They’re f*cking guitar pedals, he’s not influencing a global economy.
Absolutely. At the end of the day; they are all variants of something else, ultimately; and you most likely have the ability to get those variants that will do basically "the same thing" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For years I've been recommending the Bad Monkey as a "Hey, if you don't have a lot of money and want to get started on pedals, buy a Bad Monkey, they're dirt cheap used!" The lowest I've seen them go is 10 euros here in Finland, with typical prices between 30-50 euros.

Yet now some jackasses think they are worth $300+? Come on!

Has anyone else yelled, "Fuck, Josh Scott" in this thread yet?"

Just asking. :idk

He should start all of his YT vids with:

"I have all the pedals ten times over, and now watch me take my
bloated social media influence and drive up the prices on ALL of them
so they are unobtainium for everyone not named me. Please click like and
subscribe."

:facepalm

Back