Digitech poised to make big moves

Welp, I talked myself out of selling my Valve FX this morning. :ROFLMAO:

I have a bunch of patches set up with the compressor, distortion, and wha effects turned off in this for running it in the effects loop of my amps. I decided to try a few amp in a box pedals with those presets this morning. I've never tried these through it. :satan

DUkor9y.jpg

Well that did it. :rawk

Both of these are awesome as a front end, especially the Ecstasy Blue.
Running this straight into my interface and using select plugins to tweak the sound a bit. Man, does it sound good. :love

I just pulled a bunch of new recording tones out of my closet. :rofl

Nope, not selling. I talked myself out of selling another piece of gear again. LOL!

I don't know what I'm going to flip to raise some Fractal modeler money. Nobody is biting on the amp I listed locally. I guess I better look for some stuff that's easier to ship like pedals and pickups and post them on the forums or Reverb. I certainly have a ton of pedals I never use.

It grinds REAL NICE with the right pedals. :banana

I loved the Valve FX. I had two of them. What I would love is just a pedal with a volume and presence control based on the two knobs on the front panel. It was perfect for warming up or adding highs in the effect loop of any amp with everything bypassed. I mostly used it as delay with an amp, but I really liked the overdrive too. You could nail it with the compressor volume and compression really low and it broke up really nicely.

I'd actually like to see a new modeler too. Before I went to an FM3 and a Helix I used an 1101 for years. I loved it. Compared to the newer stuff sound wise in a mix it holds up but the feel is a bit off. it was certainly easier to use than either of the newer modelers.

I hope, instead of just trying to cash in on nostalgia, or trying to take on Fractal/L6/Kemper head on, they pave new trails to provide new solutions for existing things, like they did with this:

Drop-large.jpg

The ability to change tunings by turning a dial versus re-tuning my guitars/bass is a major game changer for me, and many, many others. There are plenty of other "why is no one providing a solution for this?" things out there and Digitech has already proven they can fill that need.

Carve out a new place in the market where no one else lives, then go hard at it.

I don’t think the people they brought back had anything to do with products like that. They’re all from a previous generation. I think the people who worked on products like that are at Line6.

Back