Digitech poised to make big moves

By "custom" do you mean tweaked factory presets destined for resale? :whistle
7nxf68.jpg

It’s a real problem and something Fractal needs to work on. there may not be a ‘need’ to dig deeper, but it’s absolutely overwhelming for a large population of musicians. Case in point is Rhett Shull’s take on it:

Yeah...I mean, cause 1 guy posted a vid it must be an issue. If we're being honest, there's a group of guitarist's for which any digital device is just too complex or not worth their time to learn, this is why a market for prebuilt presets exists and we see it on every single gear forum that exists. Even with analog amps and pedals, people often seek out other's or "pro" settings rather than twisting a knob and figuring it out.

It’s a real problem and something Fractal needs to work on. there may not be a ‘need’ to dig deeper, but it’s absolutely overwhelming for a large population of musicians. Case in point is Rhett Shull’s take on it:

You’re smart in the head, get gud. :rofl

I’m not sure how Fractal could simplify it more in the context of it being too big. Maybe have something set up so you can ‘shut off’ all the extra bells and whistles so you’re only given the Tone page so people don’t feel obliged to explore? I always found this to be more of a user issue than a Fractal issue. I don’t always eat all the sides that come with a meal I ordered, but I wouldn’t ask the kitchen to leave them off, gnome sane?

I’m not sure how Fractal could simplify it more in the context of it being too big. Maybe have something set up so you can ‘shut off’ all the extra bells and whistles so you’re only given the Tone page so people don’t feel obliged to explore? I always found this to be more of a user issue than a Fractal issue. I don’t always eat all the sides that come with a meal I ordered, but I wouldn’t ask the kitchen to leave them off, gnome sane?
856D6760-2F2C-4C18-9EA1-9942E0700099.jpeg

Not interested in a multi fx or modeler, but if they release a new whammy 🕺🏻. The V is in my rig already

Not interested in a multi fx or modeler, but if they release a new whammy 🕺🏻. The V is in my rig already

I hope they don’t, I just got back ITB with Helix. I’m a sucker for pitch pedals, if they make a new and improved one I’ll have to try it. My wish would be that it improves in two ways, the first is doing pleasant sounding fast tracking poly stuff even better than the V, the second being to capture the glitchy magic of the original as a separate function.

It would have to be pretty amazing, the helix pitch stuff is the best thing I’ve found so far.

I have no idea why I care so much about whammy stuff. I probably use it live less than 6 times a year.

D

I dreamt the other night of getting called in to fill in for a gig with a band and the other guitarist
had a Johnson. It woke me up. :LOL:

Speaking of dreams. I had one last night where I was laying in bed with Darth Vader and I said to him 'We are gonna cover Don't look Back by Boston" then I patted him on the head. Guess that's the last time I eat pizza loaded with green chili's just before bed time.

Yeah...I mean, cause 1 guy posted a vid it must be an issue. If we're being honest, there's a group of guitarist's for which any digital device is just too complex or not worth their time to learn, this is why a market for prebuilt presets exists and we see it on every single gear forum that exists. Even with analog amps and pedals, people often seek out other's or "pro" settings rather than twisting a knob and figuring it out.
Said people, after having a review unit for TWO YEARS, really shouldn't be forming an opinion after they can't even be bothered to read the manual.

But hey, if you buy his (rebranded from stock already included) presets, the unit will be just fine!

This exists. You don't have to go any deeper than their authentic tab. If the amp only had 2 controls on it, that's all that tab has. You can't hide the other tabs, but I rarely venture off of it, myself. No real need to.

This exists. You don't have to go any deeper than their authentic tab. If the amp only had 2 controls on it, that's all that tab has. You can't hide the other tabs, but I rarely venture off of it, myself. No real need to.

Hahaha I don’t have the issue either, but I think just seeing the menus gives people the idea they have to go there and play with stuff.

I wouldn't hold out much hope for a new flagship Digitech modeler, aka successor to the GSP1101. I have a feeling that the "digital" side of Digitech business, meaning the DSP audio engineers, system developers, coders, etc., have been scattered to the four winds. Not sure how that could be reconstituted by Core-Tek...without a MAJOR investment.

Back