Digitech poised to make big moves

I've really enjoyed my Digitech processors over the years. I still have these '90s
processors and a Control One. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna sell the Valve FX. I really like running it's PEQ, with some delay & reverb in the efx loop of my amp. It colors it in such a lovely way. Not sure about my 2112/2120 Artist yet. I kind of want to keep it but I need to raise some cash for a new purchase and have to open up some space in my 6U rack.

g1NER2Y.jpg

I've really enjoyed my Digitech processors over the years. I still have these '90s
processors and a Control One. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna sell the Valve FX. I really like running it's PEQ, with some delay & reverb in the efx loop of my amp. It colors it in such a lovely way. Not sure about my 2112/2120 Artist yet. I kind of want to keep it but I need to raise some cash for a new purchase and have to open up some space in my 6U rack.

g1NER2Y.jpg

Total drool worthy rack. That Rockmaster pre is insanely good but you know that.

g1NER2Y.jpg
Damn, that Mosvalve power amp ain't no slouch either! Yummy!!! 😍

I liked my GSP1101 and board for a good while before moving on to a Kemper. I used the infamous c63 firmware which allowed the use of IRs.
I remember Singtall(of many forums) really having it dialed in before he moved on to an Eleven Rack.

Welp, I talked myself out of selling my Valve FX this morning. :ROFLMAO:

I have a bunch of patches set up with the compressor, distortion, and wha effects turned off in this for running it in the effects loop of my amps. I decided to try a few amp in a box pedals with those presets this morning. I've never tried these through it. :satan

DUkor9y.jpg

Well that did it. :rawk

Both of these are awesome as a front end, especially the Ecstasy Blue.
Running this straight into my interface and using select plugins to tweak the sound a bit. Man, does it sound good. :love

I just pulled a bunch of new recording tones out of my closet. :rofl

Nope, not selling. I talked myself out of selling another piece of gear again. LOL!

I don't know what I'm going to flip to raise some Fractal modeler money. Nobody is biting on the amp I listed locally. I guess I better look for some stuff that's easier to ship like pedals and pickups and post them on the forums or Reverb. I certainly have a ton of pedals I never use.

It grinds REAL NICE with the right pedals. :banana

Last edited:
I hope, instead of just trying to cash in on nostalgia, or trying to take on Fractal/L6/Kemper head on, they pave new trails to provide new solutions for existing things, like they did with this:

Drop-large.jpg

The ability to change tunings by turning a dial versus re-tuning my guitars/bass is a major game changer for me, and many, many others. There are plenty of other "why is no one providing a solution for this?" things out there and Digitech has already proven they can fill that need.

Carve out a new place in the market where no one else lives, then go hard at it.

Polyphonic pitch shifters, no matter the cost (from high end to low - from Rack to Pedal) turn a great GUITAR tone into a glorified keyboard sound — CHANGE MY MIND. :grin

Polyphonic pitch shifters, no matter the cost (from high end to low - from Rack to Pedal) turn a great GUITAR tone into a glorified keyboard sound — CHANGE MY MIND. :grin

I know I can speak for @JiveTurkey on this but we've both gotten a lot of mileage out of the Boss SY line of guitar synth effects. I love great guitar tones. And I love hitting upon some other tone, using my guitar, and getting lost in headphones for hours. Sometimes music results. Digitech may want to also play in the guitar synth space. They seem to have the expertise and that mindset to push guitar effects forward.

Back