Brian May - Eddie Van Halen "Star Fleet"

I'm a life long Queen fan but only heard of this when the youtube vids dropped.

Great stuff.. super cheesy.. but great

Holy crap, I had no idea this existed! I was born shortly after this (just in time for the Power Rangers craze in America) and this is everything I wanted as a child. Ripping music to what looks like an exciting Sci Fi toy commercial. :love

Holy crap, I had no idea this existed! I was born shortly after this (just in time for the Power Rangers craze in America) and this is everything I wanted as a child. Ripping music to what looks like an exciting Sci Fi toy commercial. :love

I posted this just for people like you Alex who were born later and probably never heard of it.

Star Fleet was actually a TV show originally done in Japan and then dubbed in English for the UK audience. It's very cool that Brian and Eddie decided to cover its theme and the producers eventually made their version the theme song for the show.

Here's the whole series.

Last edited:
More Queen cheese. Saw this is the theater toasted when it first came out and it was a trip cause no one knew what to expect in advance of the movie except Queen was doing the soundtrack. I was envisioning something dramatic with heavy Queen II like music.

The camp and cheese started right off the bat and then just kept getting thicker and thicker. If not for Princess Aura the movie would have gotten a thumbs down.

:pee

Last edited:
Eric Clapton was quite annoyed by this because they said he was the inspiration behind it.

And how much do you get paid for being an "inspiration"?

As much as I liked Cream, I always felt Clapton was a jerk. From hitting on Harrison's wife to his racist statements ("Stop Britain from becoming a black colony. Get the foreigners out,” exclaimed Clapton to his captive audience. “Get the w*gs out. Get the c**ns out. Keep Britain white,” he added.") I lost all respect for the man.

Respect for the player yes, but as a human being not so much.

More Queen cheese. Saw this is the theater toasted when it first came out and it was a trip cause no one knew what to expect in advance of the movie except Queen was doing the soundtrack. I was envisioning something dramatic with heavy Queen II like music.

The camp and cheese started right off the bat and then just kept getting thicker and thicker. If not for Princess Aura the movie would have gotten a thumbs down.

:pee

I've been meaning to watch this again, last time was when I was a kid. Maybe I shouldn't though, don't want to ruin the memory of this being the coolest movie ever. :rofl

Btw, always thought @Warmart resembled Ming.

Ming.png

Last edited:
Back