PRS MT100

MirrorProfiles

Shredder
Looks like its finally close. Funny how much it looks like an Ampeg/Crate/Laney with the cover thing over it. Still a little dull looking design wise, plain fonts, plain knobs etc. But if that makes the amp more affordable I'm cool with it.

Seems to be a cool design none the less and something that doesn't really exist anywhere else. Looking forward to this finally getting released. Got so much respect for Tremonti as a musician and his passion for everything he does, and yet I don't like any music he's made. Loads of my favourite gear comes from guys like this - I'd put Van Halen and Satriani in a similar position where I like the gear associated with them more than the music. I think Tremonti "gets it" gear wise and I'm pretty sure this will be good

What's different about this amp and the archon?

Awaiting judgment but it seems like everyone I've known who got an archon sold it pretty quick. High gain amp but you mainly hear people be like yeah the clean is amazing rofl.

I’m not really sure what the lineage of the PRS circuits is - I’m not even sure it’s publicly known who is designing their amps.

From what I understand the Archon is quite a unique design and not directly based off anything else out there. I also have no idea how similar the MT15 or 100 is to the Archon, or if there is any circuit similarities. I’d assume they’re different circuits…..

The MT15 is a cool amp. Kinda surprised I never bought one out of boredom, having played it so many times at the local shop and generally enjoying it.

Its interesting that channel 2 they added here is going after “Dumble” tones. Only the lead channel is doing the chug thing. Interesting.

I dig that this dude actually gives a shit about making his stuff affordable.

I’m not really sure what the lineage of the PRS circuits is - I’m not even sure it’s publicly known who is designing their amps.

From what I understand the Archon is quite a unique design and not directly based off anything else out there. I also have no idea how similar the MT15 or 100 is to the Archon, or if there is any circuit similarities. I’d assume they’re different circuits…..
I don't know about the other models but the Sonzera I just bought was designed by Doug Sewell.

FWIW; I saw one of those PRS teles in a Pedal Show vid the other day. Kinda ugly but kinda cool also. Natural ash with the killer looking woodgrain. Most fugly yet attractive guitar I have seen in a long time.

That's my thoughts on it now as well. When they first released them I thought it was hideous but I've heard enough demos where it sounds great to be very interested in trying one now.

FWIW; I saw one of those PRS teles in a Pedal Show vid the other day. Kinda ugly but kinda cool also. Natural ash with the killer looking woodgrain. Most fugly yet attractive guitar I have seen in a long time.

They had one hanging up at SW over the weekend, and I pulled it down just to give it the 15-second once-over.

Looks better in person, and is light as a feather. Plays like a good PRS should. I did not bother plugging in, because I am not that interested.

They had one hanging up at SW over the weekend, and I pulled it down just to give it the 15-second once-over.

Looks better in person, and is light as a feather. Plays like a good PRS should. I did not bother plugging in, because I am not that interested.
Nice. I probably don't want to try playing one :nails:rofl

I tried the MT15 once, sounded decent but the volume went from whisper to screaming way too quickly.

The one I played on for a bit was NOISY! Good lord sounded like a waterfall. Yuck. The gain tones were :satan though

The note separation under lots of gain is really fantastic on the amp. I always liked that aspect of it.

I’d say I’m mildly interested in trying this whenever it’s released. The clean and lead channels will be solid, interested to hear more from channel two.

The note separation under lots of gain is really fantastic on the amp. I always liked that aspect of it.

I’d say I’m mildly interested in trying this whenever it’s released. The clean and lead channels will be solid, interested to hear more from channel two.
I finished up the rig rundown last night and he was going on about how he wants it under $2k. Which would be HUGE in the current high gain amp landscape :cry:

Those fake front panel covers were actually pretty funny!

Mark seems like a cool guy all in all, and if they can sell the amp under $2k that's impressive.
He seems really cool. And he has great taste in high gain amps :satan

I’ve met Tremonti in Gainsville at The Hardback
decades ago.
He actually just got off his shift at Chili’s and was
all about his band.
Totally cool chill dude.

What trips me out is:
The guy goes from holding a spatula in his hand
to holding a signature PRS guitar in the same hand.
-his stuff is the best of all PRS’s stuff imho.

There’s a hilarious video somewhere of Brad King
from Rig’Puke where he’s attempting to sell Tremonti a CCV from the Brad era CCV
soap opera days.
It’s a CLASSIC.
-After a few chunky riffs & Brad running his mouth & fucking with the EQ knobs,
Tremonti looks at him..looks off yonder & smirks,
hands fervent Brad the guitar &
walks the f*ck outta the room.
Fervent Brad even pleaded with ‘T’ as he walked
the f*ck out:
“I can get’cho one!”
-You hear the door close.

Back