Boss GM-800 and GK-5

BLADE RUNNER TRUMPETS OR GTFO
Pointing Yes GIF by Peloton

If it's what I think it is, it's been proven and stable in (non-MI) products for years now. It's just starting to show up in this space. We've done a lot of exploration here and Yamaha/YGG has even influenced/defined some of the platform's feature set.

Again, if it's what I think it is. If so, good on BOSS.
So what you are saying is Line 6 has some serious new stuff in this sector of guitar/midi/synth goodness and it’s about to drop!
Might as well go ahead and give some details now that you have spilled the beans….go ahead get it off your chest, confession is good for the soul!
DI is the best! 😎Everyone give him thanks applause etc!

So what you are saying is Line 6 has some serious new stuff in this sector of guitar/midi/synth goodness and it’s about to drop!
Might as well go ahead and give some details now that you have spilled the beans….go ahead get it off your chest, confession is good for the soul!
DI is the best! 😎Everyone give him thanks applause etc!

I wish. I been waiting for line 6 to get in the polyphonic synth game but with the looks and advancements of helix style! Love boss / roland stuff but no matter what they release, it still looks like it belongs somewhat in the golden days lol.

If the 1/4” jack visible on that pickup is for the new GK5 cable then is there another we don’t see for the guitar output? Maybe a mix switch unseen as well?

Meanwhile, I'm just waiting for those Moog employee discounts to come along! mwahahahahahahahahaha!

(not really, I've synth'd out enough this year!)

A very nice chap over at VGuitar forums put this link up.

The blurb flat out refers to the GM800.

If it's what I think it is, it's been proven and stable in (non-MI) products for years now. It's just starting to show up in this space. We've done a lot of exploration here and Yamaha/YGG has even influenced/defined some of the platform's feature set.

Again, if it's what I think it is. If so, good on BOSS.

That was pretty cool that you tipped your hat to BOSS. Given that they would be a competitor.

That was pretty cool that you tipped your hat to BOSS. Given that they would be a competitor.
Other than a handful of—let's say less reputable—companies, the MI industry is generally extremely friendly with each other. Yamaha, Roland/BOSS, and Kawai are all in Hamamatsu and as the story goes, many otherwise competitive employees are good friends outside of work.

Full disclosure: I worked at Roland US from March 2005 to May 2010.

Someone on another forum just said

"My Sweetwater Rep, just told me it's being announced tomorrow
He placed a order, $749 with the pickup"

"He said the pickup, comes with it
They're expecting to receive them early august, he really wouldn't say what it is, until tomorrow, odd since he would let me place an order"

Last edited:
Back