Boss GM-800 and GK-5

Ok i think this GM-800 may be the best thing BOSS has done so far in the guitar synth category! I definitely want when i can... however do you get the special GK cable along with the gm-800 and gk-5 pickup system or do you need to buy that separately?

Ok i think this GM-800 may be the best thing BOSS has done so far in the guitar synth category! I definitely want when i can... however do you get the special GK cable along with the gm-800 and gk-5 pickup system or do you need to buy that separately?
SW page says on the specsheet it comes with the pickup. The pickup doesn't have a regular guitar input like the GK 13 pin. So you'll need a separate cable for that I guess.

Dang. I may need this.:rofl
But this will be my final gear purchase. After this, no more!!
Season 3 Reaction GIF by Good Trouble

Congrats to Boss for the release. It aint for me, I prefer actual synths for this stuff, but for the guitarist who needs the odd synth patch here and there, it is probably a no brainer.

Here's some sounds

Horns are good. Would be interested to see some single note runs and how well it tracks. Piano sounds and performance in the video are pretty much pure flex. Of course; Hutchins is the most "oh look I turned my hand into a claw and used my pinky nail to emulate a clavinet" player you will ever find. So YMMV on that :grin I need to hear some sax tones! I have zero time to deeply research but I assume no guitar emulation on here.

For me and my live gig needs; so many questions. This is a lot smaller than the GR55. Which is a GODSEND. But I am not tearing out all my GK3 installs, as horrific as they may be. So I would need that breakout box. Which would eliminate the "smaller" advantage it has. Does it offer the same level of experience with a GK3 even? You have to then get the magnetic pickup signal out separately somehow. I need to invent time to dig in a bit more. It looks super cool but not sure if I will end up going over my tax write-off cap to make my existing guitars and GK3s work :nails

Ugh. Wife just gave me the green light to buy!

But now I'm conflicted. Wanted the PCM sounds, and love that I can use this as a synth module, and I do want the new GK interface.....but I can't help but wonder whether the SY-1000 isn't a better fit for me.....Guess I have some research to do, but knowing me I'm gonna get impatient and just order the GM-800....

Back