Fractal Seamless Switching Update

The fractal threads on the topic said you couldn’t. How do you do it? That would help me a ton to accomplish the stuff I’m hoping to do without adding an fc controller
Well maybe I don't understand what you mean by 'multiple channels.'

To me, it means 1 channel on one Block, and another channel on another. Set up a Scene with say, channel A on an Amp, channel B on a Delay, set up another Scene with Channel B on the Amp, and Channel C on the Delay, switch scenes, and you've changed multiple channels.

Well maybe I don't understand what you mean by 'multiple channels.'

To me, it means 1 channel on one Block, and another channel on another. Set up a Scene with say, channel A on an Amp, channel B on a Delay, set up another Scene with Channel B on the Amp, and Channel C on the Delay, switch scenes, and you've changed multiple channels.

Nope. I mean set up a footswitch to change channels on multiple blocks independent of scenes.

D

Nope. I mean set up a footswitch to change channels on multiple blocks independent of scenes.

D
Cooper has a video on scene controllers..., maybe that will either work, or give you an idea for how you can do what you want?

Using control switches to change the bypass states of multiple blocks along with the scene ignore functionally will do it.

Using control switches to change the bypass states of multiple blocks along with the scene ignore functionally will do it.

Not really, it’s defeating the scene functionality which I want to use just not for this. I do want the channels for these blocks to pay attention to the scene.

I did ultimately figure out a way to get what I wanted in behavior I think, just going about it a different way than I would have liked to. Instead of two delay blocks I’ll use the multi tap. I think I can get what I’m wanting from the aurora algo assuming I have enough control over the eq. Looks like I probably will have enough control.

So, since I figured out a patch strategy that should get everything I want from a patch… @FractalAudio let’s get this ported over to FM9 so I can buy one and return to the Fractal fold. I actually never left I’ve still got a Standard around here somewhere.

D

D

You could set this up with MIDI commands, if I'm not mistaken. I use Bome MIDI Translator? And that can take any kind of command from a foot controller and change that to many different MIDI commands generated at once.

I think at this juncture it's a moot point..............the switching isn't seamless yet.......even on the III.

I've been a member of FAS forums since 2016 🤷‍♂️
Although my situation was different, been a member of FAS forums since 2008.

I pop in from time to time to see what's going on, but don't hang out regularly to avoid having a conversation with my wife about why I also need the AxeFX III and FC-12.

It's about time to go back to my messages and see what I missed replying to.

It's funny looking back at when I sold my Standard, after I had received my Ultra. Because more is more.:LOL:

Nearing vintage 2009 Pic of my AxeFX rig, minus the Rocktron All Access controller. Initially, I ran it into a VHT 2/50/2 and Mesa 2x12 cab. This pic was after getting rid of all of my tube amps. Good memories and a lot of fun.
Screen Shot 2023-10-22 at 10.48.02 AM.png

I pop in from time to time to see what's going on, but don't hang out regularly to avoid having a conversation with my wife about why I also need the AxeFX III and FC-12.
Yeah super different for sure, but my frequency in the FAS forums is very sporadic for the same reasons: wallet.

Although I still hold on to the steadfast idea (10 years now) to own a flagship FAS device, I've found solace to my analog tap dancing multichannel woes in Helixland.

The FAS stuff is just so deep you can get lost. I love getting lost! Sometimes much more than I like creating that riff/groove/melody.

But even as partially deep as the Helix gets, it has opened a few more cans of worms outside of the usual tap dance and channel switch -- sitting for hours A/B/X testing things that shouldn't really matter but only does to me. I'm certain that I'll lose weeks doing the same in a FAS flagship before even setting sail.

But hey I know it'll keep me busy!
crack.jpg

(can we get this as a smiley please?)

Yeah super different for sure, but my frequency in the FAS forums is very sporadic for the same reasons: wallet.

Although I still hold on to the steadfast idea (10 years now) to own a flagship FAS device, I've found solace to my analog tap dancing multichannel woes in Helixland.

The FAS stuff is just so deep you can get lost. I love getting lost! Sometimes much more than I like creating that riff/groove/melody.

But even as partially deep as the Helix gets, it has opened a few more cans of worms outside of the usual tap dance and channel switch -- sitting for hours A/B/X testing things that shouldn't really matter but only does to me. I'm certain that I'll lose weeks doing the same in a FAS flagship before even setting sail.

View attachment 12479

The best time is when getting lost is what creates a riff/groove/melody.

One of my buddies were over Friday night and he's not a tone nerd, he loves Mesa amps and uses a 2-Notes to record in a DAW, his trip is "If I don't like how it sounds I pick a different IR until it works. Done" He's got zero interest in options and sees it all as a waste of time, often busts my balls when I mention anything about the depth of a Fractal unit.

We were in my studio and I was going over various things I thought he'd get a kick out of, then I just start adding effects in at complete random, I put the Quad Diatonic Delay on and made some evil sounding mess and in seconds he had a riff based around it and is going "Dude!!! Can you record this and send it to me! Fuck! How can I get this sound at my house? What is that?! What pedal does this?!" Dude's never going to get a Fractal but after years of me blabbering about the AxeFX to him he finally saw all the reasons I blabber. "This puts out a better recorded Mesa tone than my fucking Mesa!" :rofl

The best time is when getting lost is what creates a riff/groove/melody.

One of my buddies were over Friday night and he's not a tone nerd, he loves Mesa amps and uses a 2-Notes to record in a DAW, his trip is "If I don't like how it sounds I pick a different IR until it works. Done" He's got zero interest in options and sees it all as a waste of time, often busts my balls when I mention anything about the depth of a Fractal unit.

We were in my studio and I was going over various things I thought he'd get a kick out of, then I just start adding effects in at complete random, I put the Quad Diatonic Delay on and made some evil sounding mess and in seconds he had a riff based around it and is going "Dude!!! Can you record this and send it to me! Fuck! How can I get this sound at my house? What is that?! What pedal does this?!" Dude's never going to get a Fractal but after years of me blabbering about the AxeFX to him he finally saw all the reasons I blabber. "This puts out a better recorded Mesa tone than my fucking Mesa!" :rofl
If any gear inspires people to create then it’s a good thing. If any aspect of any gear digital or not gets in the way of inspiration then IMHO it’s better to not use it or change your perspective.

If any gear inspires people to create then it’s a good thing. If any aspect of any gear digital or not gets in the way of inspiration then IMHO it’s better to not use it or change your perspective.

Well said, and very concise! :beer

I am no better than anyone else, but at 55 I have finally learned how to auto-correct my course,
so I don't get lost as much in the bad sense of getting "lost." Too damn worn out and exhausted
for anything like FOMO, or being a first adopter (God forbid!), and chasing the next shiny thing that
comes passing by.

It's taken time, and licking a lot of ice cream cones in order to know what taste and flavours I like most. :idk

Oh, lookie, what is that? I haven't seen that before. :LOL:

View attachment 12479
I tweaked it when I first got the standard, but after about 4 months, then I finally settled on about 4-5 models.

VH4, FAS Modern, Whatever Bogner Blue Channel was called, a Plexi of some sort, FAS Buttery, I forget the others. Hotrod Marshall or 3, a Fender of some sort for clean to cleanish, something tight at more modern, and then just add FX to the path and go.

The default FX settings are just nuts for kicking off some creative ideas. And the Factory patches have really made strides from back in the Standard/Ultra days.

Still enjoying my Helix, but the AxeFx ended GAS for me for well over 18 months, and faster than any other piece of gear at that time. So it's always there in the back of my mind. But dropping $3100 for a III plus an FC12, that's like another high end guitar, or a couple of nice 1500 guitars - not that I need those either.

Back