Asked To Play A Song At A Memorial

la szum

Goatlord
These are so tough. Weddings and receptions are fun (except for the Bride!) :LOL:

I have done a couple of Memorials, and its hard to power through a song
when everyone is emotional, sobbing, or worse. :(

Was asked to play a song tomorrow afternoon for my Ex's Dad who passed away.

Hits ya in the feelz. Hard.

Anyone else do something like this? I think I am just going to keep my head down and
try not to make eye contact.

It was really touching. Beautiful weather, considering this time of year. Outdoors
a lot of the time, watching the youngest in the family run around. Multiple generations.
Nice to see extended family connect and reminisce.

It was a really nice turnout, and I am sure Larry would be happy with that. He and his wife
were always great supporters of our band and would come to our gigs. Sometimes both
Friday and Saturday night---even if it was a long drive home.

He was a raunchy son of a gun with a filthy mouth. Had that Captain Inappropriate streak
in him for sure.

RIP, Larry, and see you on the other side someday. :beer

It was really touching. Beautiful weather, considering this time of year. Outdoors
a lot of the time, watching the youngest in the family run around. Multiple generations.
Nice to see extended family connect and reminisce.

It was a really nice turnout, and I am sure Larry would be happy with that. He and his wife
were always great supporters of our band and would come to our gigs. Sometimes both
Friday and Saturday night---even if it was a long drive home.

He was a raunchy son of a gun with a filthy mouth. Had that Captain Inappropriate streak
in him for sure.

RIP, Larry, and see you on the other side someday. :beer
Good on you for doing this. Mojo sent for your loss and RIP to Larry.

Back