Favorite songs to play

I don't have the memory to learn even half a tune... :p

I've come to greatly respect someone with a voice who can sound great with 4 cowboy chords. They are a one-man band while I'm still learning parts of riffs or solos...

My go to riff is ...

I love most Luke/Toto riffs. With a backing track I've greatly enjoyed ACDC's Back in Black and should do more of that.

Yes it does! Some days it's my ankle that hurts, some days it's my knee. But oddly enough, when I'm focused on work, I don't think about it!
From a recent project: Beams installed with concealed hangers. Quite the challenge.View attachment 21358
Great work dude! Love ceilings like that.
I do mostly cabinetry work and install (although install is not my favorite part of it), and also design work with my brother.
Here's part of a residential kitchen we did. We do a lot of commercial spaces too.

kitchen.png

Great work dude! Love ceilings like that.
I do mostly cabinetry work and install (although install is not my favorite part of it), and also design work with my brother.
Here's part of a residential kitchen we did. We do a lot of commercial spaces too.

View attachment 21359
Wow thats Beautiful, but I'm curious what type of Toan wood do you use ?
you know like how does it resonate when you open or close drawers and cabinet doors

:unsure:

Last edited:
Don't shoot me guys, but I took early retirement in 2021 after a very deliberate 10-year plan to achieve that. The goal was to be able to move mack home befor my mom passed (failed to achieve that) but it was pretty timely as far as getting back home to pitch in looking after my dad who's 84 and starting to struggle cognitively. Just having the opportunity to do that leaves me overwhelmed with gratitude. But on top of that I spend four months ever summer in a very remote corner of NE Minnesota living the life in the proverbial cabin in the woods. Also allows for as much or little guitar time as I want, as well as my other big hobby which is restoring my health after ~35 years of life in Megacorp Land nearly destroyed it. Ironically I always felt like I enjoyed work well enough to make it better than tolerable, but the weight lifted off my shoulders when I ditched it was striking. I bolted when I was 57 and have not spent a moment second-guessing the decision. No Ferraris, 1950s LPs, or Dumble amps, luxury cruises, etc., for me, but quality of life is better than since summers during my grade school years. It took a lot of planning and sacrifice, but I recommend that only one who can consider it.

Don't shoot me guys, but I took early retirement in 2021 after a very deliberate 10-year plan to achieve that. The goal was to be able to move mack home befor my mom passed (failed to achieve that) but it was pretty timely as far as getting back home to pitch in looking after my dad who's 84 and starting to struggle cognitively. Just having the opportunity to do that leaves me overwhelmed with gratitude. But on top of that I spend four months ever summer in a very remote corner of NE Minnesota living the life in the proverbial cabin in the woods. Also allows for as much or little guitar time as I want, as well as my other big hobby which is restoring my health after ~35 years of life in Megacorp Land nearly destroyed it. Ironically I always felt like I enjoyed work well enough to make it better than tolerable, but the weight lifted off my shoulders when I ditched it was striking. I bolted when I was 57 and have not spent a moment second-guessing the decision. No Ferraris, 1950s LPs, or Dumble amps, luxury cruises, etc., for me, but quality of life is better than since summers during my grade school years. It took a lot of planning and sacrifice, but I recommend that only one who can consider it.
No, not going to shoot you - at least not yet! :grin

I'm almost 57 but probably have another 13 to go. 70 is the preferred age to start SS and retirement withdrawal. But, how tf am I going to make it that long? :hmm

We moved down here to extreme N. Georgia almost 6 years ago - and I work from home, have only taken two work trips since then, so I can't really complain too much lol.

No, not going to shoot you - at least not yet! :grin

I'm almost 57 but probably have another 13 to go. 70 is the preferred age to start SS and retirement withdrawal. But, how tf am I going to make it that long? :hmm

We moved down here to extreme N. Georgia almost 6 years ago - and I work from home, have only taken two work trips since then, so I can't really complain too much lol.

There's no f'ing way I am holding out until 70. I know you get max payout. But at that age what
guarantee is there you will live long enough to offset not taking it at 62 or 65?

With average life expectancy being 77-78 for men you'd have to live into your mid 80s and be
pissing yourself daily (let's not talk about number 2) just to match the funds you could have
earned by drawing SS sooner. :idk

Last edited:
I've been taking care of my folks for a few months now. Stepdad is almost 82 and
been on Hospice for 15 months. Mom is 80 and had her ass kicked taking care of him.

I've been overnighting a couple of times per week since January. Out there caregiving
4 to 6 days per week. It's a lot. Anywho, seeing what aging brings has me wondering
how far one ought to push it in life, and what the pay off is for longevity. :unsure:

It's an eye-opener for sure. I am pretty committed to walking out into oncoming traffic
sometime between 75-80----if I make it that far. Don't weep for me when I do. :LOL:

Being miserable just to squeeze a few more days out of life is nothing I am interested in.
Seeing how you can lose all your dignity, do nothing for yourself, and end up in diapers
is not appealing.

Being miserable just to squeeze a few more days out of life is nothing I am interested in.
Seeing how you can lose all your dignity, do nothing for yourself, and end up in diapers
is not appealing.
Yeah I don't like the thought of ending up like that either, who would I guess? But that's part of life, the good and the bad times. I just hope I don't lose my mind. (more so than I already have)

There's no f'ing way I am holding out until 70. I know you get max payout. But at the age what
guarantee is there you will live long enough to offset not taking it at 62 or 65?

With average life expectancy being 77-78 for men you'd have to live into your mid 80s and be
pissing yourself daily (let's not talk about number 2) just to match the funds you could have
earned by drawing SS sooner. :idk
Yeah, I don't expect to work until 70, but I stuck the thought in my head as a sort of worse case scenario. Much depends on things that happen at work over the next few years.

Back