Archetype: Plini X

Check out the 15:00 minute mark (and again at about the 45:00 min mark):

I think he used LePou Legion on (some? all?) first EPs, Helix Native on Sunhead (the EP after Handmade Cities), and all NDSP since. Fractal when playing live for the longest time (QC now I would guess?).

Yep, saw him live earlier this year, both guitarists were on QCs. He was phenomenal.

Just kicked the tires on the X version, largely just the cleans as that’s all I’ve ever really used it for.

Chorus is def not a reskin from anything else in their plugins. Adds more of a thin sheen unless just cranking the hell out of everything. Don’t know that’s it’s my favorite type of chorus, but it’s unique relative to their other offerings. Octave is ok. I much prefer poly octaves that you can work with chords.

I armed a track in my DAW, and dialed in the controls on the old and new plug identically. (or as close as possible since there are a few different controls on the new version) A/B’ing them the old plug might have sounded a little warmer/fuller, and the new plugs tape delay I preferred. Definitely no real meaningful difference to me, but like I say I only really messed with clean tones.

Cool update overall. IMO

Just kicked the tires on the X version, largely just the cleans as that’s all I’ve ever really used it for.

Chorus is def not a reskin from anything else in their plugins. Adds more of a thin sheen unless just cranking the hell out of everything. Don’t know that’s it’s my favorite type of chorus, but it’s unique relative to their other offerings. Octave is ok. I much prefer poly octaves that you can work with chords.

I armed a track in my DAW, and dialed in the controls on the old and new plug identically. (or as close as possible since there are a few different controls on the new version) A/B’ing them the old plug might have sounded a little warmer/fuller, and the new plugs tape delay I preferred. Definitely no real meaningful difference to me, but like I say I only really messed with clean tones.

Cool update overall. IMO
Yes they are getting there , much like Supertramp they have taken the low way home , but if they get a stable Core control , and a couple more plug-in X versions out by the end of the year that will be impressive,

What’s even coming in the next actual update I have not been paying to much attention a Bogner XTC 101b model blue / red would be killer

I mean, these guesses are incorrect 🤷‍♂️ same old “got repeated online a lot” and got turned into the truth.

That's exactly what I think too. The amps in the NDSP plugins could all very well be original circuits, but the ad copy from NDSP clearly states that channel three is the same amp as channel two but with an additional gain stage.

Back