TONEX PEDAL ...... MAJOR FREE F/W UPDATE ..... Nov 2024

Although I do like Leo and respect his opinion, his 5 hour remark for a capture just reflects how old his machine is. I run advanced captures in 9 minutes with a modern pc.
That obviously impacts time but as far as I’m aware shouldn’t impact the quality of the captures.

Imagine waiting 5 hours for a capture to process. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That obviously impacts time but as far as I’m aware shouldn’t impact the quality of the captures.

Imagine waiting 5 hours for a capture to process. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
There is definitely a quality difference between advanced and standard captures when it comes to gainy tones. Less noticeable with clean captures. Luckily I was due for a new machine when Tonex came out, although any nvidia card will help with the Cuda core count. My 4080 gpu never breaks 20% and I've heard similar with those with 3xxx series. There was a thread somewhere with system and capture time comparisons.

SW has the full ToneX pedal for $100 off = $299.99 I just ordered one. Price is good through the end of today 10/9/2024.

Last edited:
raf,360x360,075,t,fafafa:ca443f4786.jpg

Maybe he just doesn't have a GPU (but I wonder how he manages to cut and render his videos full of effects and transitions then)

He's using a Mac which doesn't have a nVidia GPU so no Cuda cores for Tonex optimization. But the M1,2,3 Mac silicon will still do do video editing like a hot knife through butter.

Back