TONEX PEDAL ...... MAJOR FREE F/W UPDATE ..... Nov 2024

are there some clips around or preset guys for ToneX you would recommend ?
Grab those Blue and Red EVH ones I shared above... as far as amp accuracy goes they're pretty spot on to the real deal when I A/B'd them. The Red one is probably one of my top 2-3 profiles I've ever done in ToneX with how the gain has held up, even I'm impressed by it. I'd personally run some kind of boost pedal in front of them but they're probably more than good enough for other people on their own.

So maybe my whoah's are related to boost --> amp captures (which is my default sound on any rig). Out of pure fascination I've dialled in a boosted tone and am doing all 5 ToneX training types. From what I've observed the Amp Only has already produced a better result than the Amp/Stomp selection, maybe one of the other 3 will yield better results... I'll report back.

All came out meh, the best has been amp only. The best boosted mileage was choosing "Amp Only" even when you have a boost pedal. In reality the tone was a pretty neutral tubescreamer to tighten things up. The capture took away a lot of the low end (way more than it should), the Amp Only capture sounded more gainy in comparison.

I Took the "Red Boy" capture into Amplitube and ran a noise gate/tubescreamer and it's pretty capable.

Navigating the Amplitube5 GUI... wow... I thought ToneX was unintuitive. Still going to mostly pass on ToneX because there always seems to be concessions but its good to know that amp only stuff can work well.

Just curious, can the ToneX be used as a stand alone on stage or....is this a unit that requires add-ons ?

(of course not the same but...similar to the HX Stomp ?)

Just curious, can the ToneX be used as a stand alone on stage or....is this a unit that requires add-ons ?

(of course not the same but...similar to the HX Stomp ?)
Yes, especially when they add the new effects in November.

I honestly don’t know enough about ToneX , I know there is bitter complaints about the software so I am sure a new editor will be welcome

From clips I still prefer the Nano Cortex even in it limited state but perhaps I just have not delved in enough to see what ToneX can do , I want a quick grab and go solution and to be honest the ToneX does appear to be that as does the Nano

Does some of you have the NDSP and ToneX
How close are they really ?

I honestly don’t know enough about ToneX , I know there is bitter complaints about the software so I am sure a new editor will be welcome

From clips I still prefer the Nano Cortex even in it limited state but perhaps I just have not delved in enough to see what ToneX can do , I want a quick grab and go solution and to be honest the ToneX does appear to be that as does the Nano

Does some of you have the NDSP and ToneX
How close are they really ?
More often than not, sometimes you just have to order one (with a return window of course) and try it for yourself.

Yeah but they can't fix the noise issue on the 3-button unit via firmware, can they?
I don’t recall a noise issue specific to my hardware but I do think there is some sort of noise issue with Tonex, especially as you approach high gain territory.

All came out meh, the best has been amp only. The best boosted mileage was choosing "Amp Only" even when you have a boost pedal. In reality the tone was a pretty neutral tubescreamer to tighten things up. The capture took away a lot of the low end (way more than it should), the Amp Only capture sounded more gainy in comparison.

I Took the "Red Boy" capture into Amplitube and ran a noise gate/tubescreamer and it's pretty capable.

Navigating the Amplitube5 GUI... wow... I thought ToneX was unintuitive. Still going to mostly pass on ToneX because there always seems to be concessions but its good to know that amp only stuff can work well.
Same for me. NAM is very accurate with high gain. Your Tonex models though, sound great. The difference is pick attack/response and when you palm mute. Tonex always has a tiny minuscule bit of flub when palm muting. Its never as crisp as NAM. Thats the difference between them both

Back