Anybody wanna spend $3700 on a Pacifica?!?

Well if one buys a Guitar based on name alone .....I dunno
I had a Yamaha PAC510V which was like way way better than my Fender Start in every way
The quality control, the hardware, how it arrived from the factory was top notch, and was also like $300.000 less than that shitty Fender
So folks who want to buy on name alone, sure go ahead
It's not about name. If Fender released a $3700 non-Custom Shop Strat I would have started the same thread. Heck, if the price of non-custom shop Les Paul Standards jumped up to $3700 there would be a thread about "Has Gibson jumped the shark?!?!?"

Most of the folks posting in this thread have long history with Yamaha guitars and know they are quality instruments.

Anyone remember this guy?

1706202720281.png

It's not about name. If Fender released a $3700 non-Custom Shop Strat I would have started the same thread. Heck, if the price of non-custom shop Les Paul Standards jumped up to $3700 there would be a thread about "Has Gibson jumped the shark?!?!?"

Most of the folks posting in this thread have long history with Yamaha guitars and know they are quality instruments.
Oh yeah well I would not pay $3,700,00 for any guitar
but the standard seems decent at that price point

Oh yeah well I would not pay $3,700,00 for any guitar
but the standard seems decent at that price point
I don't disagree, but so far the prices of used guitars haven't caught up with this rising price of new stuff yet. When you can find late 90s PRS in pretty darn good condition for around $2k and know that it won't ever be worth less than that...its hard to swallow $1200+ for Mexican/Korean/Indonesian/whatever made guitars that will easily lose $400 in value as soon as they can't be sold as new anymore.

Gotta wonder if the exposure Yamaha is getting through Matteo Mancuso is pumping up their sales confidence a bit.

View attachment 17848
I think this guitar is killer looking. And the kid is a phenom. But I still can't really shake the old man in me(and this applies to the other upcomers in the new crowd) where heck if I can find any sort of hook or song in anything I hear them play.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just did the math -- of the 34 years I've played guitar, I have owned (and regularly played) a Yamaha guitar for 18 of those years. The only other brands that even register are:

PRS: 10
Bacchus: 8?
K-Line: going on 4
Fender is higher than I remembered at 4

Just did the math -- of the 34 years I've played guitar, I have owned (and regularly played) a Yamaha guitar for 18 of those years. The only other brands that even register are:

PRS: 10
Bacchus: 8?
K-Line: going on 4
Fender is higher than I remembered at 4
You should grab one of the $1300 models if you can find one on the cheap. That's crazy. I think I have had a Yamaha in my hands once maybe? They've had some cool models just never in the right place in my travels.

if I can find any sort of hook or song in anything I hear them play.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't own anything by him, and wouldn't bother going to a show.
But he's a special type player who can whip out the most intricate Joe Pass chordal soloing in one breath, and then NAIL the Eruption solo in the next. Without a pick!

Definitely worth a few minutes on Youtube now and then. (y)

You should grab one of the $1300 models if you can find one on the cheap. That's crazy. I think I have had a Yamaha in my hands once maybe? They've had some cool models just never in the right place in my travels.
To be fair -- much of that time constitutes budget acoustic guitars, at which Yamaha is King. In terms of electric, and actually playing on the regular, that adds up to about 3.5.

Of all the HSS, 2-point trem, stainless steel fret guitars out there, this new Yammie Std. is most intriguing to me for sure.

I'm guessing the $3700 model was part of a: "Alright, I think if we launched a competitively-priced upper-mid-tier super strat, we'd be competitive, but people will also probably guffaw at us jumping from $600 instruments up to $1200 ones. Soooooooo....what if we make 2 or 3 $3700 ones to release along side so that people guffaw at that instead, and look at the $1200 ones as the totally reasonable normal thing."

I Absolutely Love my Revstar II made a few mods and its a killer guitar for me
Now the Pacifica I had the 510V which was also amazing but it was a ~$700.00
This new standard is Still pricey though @ ~$1,700.00 CDN it would def interest me @ the Revstar II Price point

Back