A lot of people will disagree with my hardware modeler ranking

When I owned the QC, at first I found the effects OK, but not amazing. Definitely usable (except for the univ vibe :barf). I did love being able to capture my favourite oddball drives, that was amazing.

But then I bought an HX One to supplement the QC, and it really made clear just how the L6 effects blow the QC away in every aspect, for me. Quality, variety, creativity/personality, everything. HX just destroys QC in the effects department, and since my main use is 4cm, I eventually went with the Helix Floor and have been happy ever since.

That's cool, to be honest I wasn't even addressing the video exactly.

It was more about the statements in the comments, pertaining to the Kemper, which I admittedly do not own, so was genuinely curious why people believed it wasn't a modeler, which I believe it is, just also does other things ....like the Prime.

Honestly, it's cool...not plussed at all.

I also wasn't trying to start anything, I had a legitimate question, which seems to have been forgotten, which is also fine.

Seriously not trying to be a dick.

View attachment 27103

I didn't think you were a dick at all tbh :)

Well, at least guitarjon made his own thread, and didn't feel the need to go to the Fractal thread to declare his love for the Helix.

Not sure why, but a lot of people do feel that need.

Signed.....a FractalFanboi ™
laugh.gif

When I owned the QC, at first I found the effects OK, but not amazing. Definitely usable (except for the univ vibe :barf). I did love being able to capture my favourite oddball drives, that was amazing.

But then I bought an HX One to supplement the QC, and it really made clear just how the L6 effects blow the QC away in every aspect, for me. Quality, variety, creativity/personality, everything. HX just destroys QC in the effects department, and since my main use is 4cm, I eventually went with the Helix Floor and have been happy ever since.

Yeah, most of the QC effects are OK on their own, but when you see the variety of effects and hear the difference in other devices you start to realize how limited and not great the QC effects really are

What's wrong with the effects on the QC? Serious question. I'm not a heavy effect user but anytime I try them they sound fine to me!
There is nothing wrong with them…their adequate.
I’ve come to grips with the delay…actually enthousiastic about the reversed ducking options in the dualdelay
But…no “make it analog” parameters in the dual delay…which I would have expected in a unit like this.

But specifically the verbs in the KPA sound more musical..subjective offcourse.
Spring verb in the QC is a joke.

Regardless…I still chose QC over kpa for my rig…but with a little heartache saying goodbye to the delay and verbs in the kpa.

What's wrong with the effects on the QC? Serious question. I'm not a heavy effect user but anytime I try them they sound fine to me!

Lots of good feedback in the thread...I think the effects are just limited with the QC. Not as much variety or character as something like Helix.

Kemper has delay and reverb effects that have tons of different options where you can almost build them into anything you want. And they sound really good, very organic. Would love to see QC introduce the "kitchen sink" style effects where you can build your own, kind of like the chorus engine.

I was only half joking. I guess people still love that platform as a whole! In terms of the profiling tech imho it's just dated. QC is more accurate and way more flexible in terms of how you can route the captures etc.
Helix is dated as is headrush who just buy up old tech and rebrand it

Didn't read the thread, because I feel the instant sense of Deja Vu and
how it just keeps me locked into The Matrix.

:LOL:

Can someone tell me if anyone said anything new in this thread? Please. :idk

Back