Why can’t Mesa…

It’s not a Mark III if you aren’t bitching about balancing the channels and basically never being able to use channel 2.
Then we'll call it the Mark III Mark II. And the we'll get more revision of that util we get the Mark III Mark II C++ Pink Stripe.
I don’t blame you, but I wouldn’t hold your breath.
I know, the MkIII fanclub is a vocal minority

arresteddevelopment-arrested.gif

My expectations for Mesa going forward are not great. I'm open to being way
off the mark and proven wrong. I just don't trust the bean-counting venture
capitalists to know how to proceed, and I am not convinced that those left in
"charge" (relative) are not going to have their designs and processes micro-managed
to death.

I also feel Mesa Boogie has already made the perfect Mark-series amp. :banana

My expectations for Mesa going forward are not great. I'm open to being way
off the mark and proven wrong. I just don't trust the bean-counting venture
capitalists to know how to proceed, and I am not convinced that those left in
"charge" (relative) are not going to have their designs and processes micro-managed
to death.

I also feel Mesa Boogie has already made the perfect Mark-series amp. :banana
Gibson didn’t buy Mesa to preserve the brand and pay homage. They bought Mesa because they recognize an opportunity to extract every cent of value out that they can squeeze out just like every venture capital/private equity firm over the last decade.

Why innovate when you can strip mine and make fast money now.

It'll definitely be interesting to see where Mesa actually ends up going
in the next 5 years, and whether any of our assumptions are proven to
be valid.... or not.

I'd love to be wrong.... but Gibson's history of "acquisitions" is not without
room for concern.

It's a weird marriage for sure. A legacy brand known for being stuck in the
past and regurgitating its iconic designs acquires an amp brand known for
its history of never resting and endless innovation.

#staytuned

Good shout actually. If I get a V or a VII, I can remove the reverb tank and reduce the weight a bit??
I just bought a Mark V combo that had reverb issues so the guy bought a new tank. Anyway @spawnofthesith told the guy to check tubes and that fixed it and when I picked it up he gave me the spare tank and it weighs almost nothing. Like equal to the cardboard box it came in.

…just build the Mark Series we want, no..we need!!

This is everything I want from Mesa:
- 3 Mark inspired channels w/independent controls. Both drive controls, lose the mid knob if there’s no room…barely does anything anyway
- Channel 1 - Mark IIB with a front panel switch for clean or lead channel.
- Channel 2 - Mark IIC+ with same knob and switch arrangement as Ch 1 plus a switch to kill negative feedback for us crazy MFs who go more modern.
- Channel 3 - Mark IIC+ again. Hi! This one dumps the clean/lead switch and replaces it with a IIC/IIC++ switch, also has the option to drop negative feedback.
- GEQ assignable per channel or footswitchable.
- Assignable and footswitchable FX loop with full circuit bypass option on amps back panel.
- Simul Class power.

Seriously. None of the dumb stuff Mesa. We mean it!
- no putting the only 2 sounds we care about on 1 switch on one channel so we have to choose.
- no stupid parallel loop
- no basing the IIC+ on some weird ass variant nobody famous played or cared about
- no trying to make it sound like a Recto or a Marshall. You’re a hot-rodded Fender. You’ve always been. Deal with it.
- use the best transformers you can find to try to get back to some of that pre 93 magic we had in the earlier amps.

We good. Ship it.
I agree, sadly with Gibson leadership that is far from happening.

I'm very grateful I own a Mark III, love this amp so much.

327455393_1523070178203014_2342695516407289149_n.jpg

Back