Why can’t Mesa…

Very happy III owner and agree this would be cool, but…

This. Strictly from a marketing perspective, the III is the battered stepchild of the series. Absolutely killer sounding amp, but “IIC+ Reissue” rings like a bell and Gibson probably wants a sure thing.

Based on the other Gibson reissue amps, reservations are warranted.

The Mark III Colosseum was THE sound on Whitesnake 1987.

To me the big issue on the Mark series is the single graphic EQ for all channels (or off on some). Slap at least two of them on that thing like the JP2C!

The spring reverb needs to go. It's a complex amp already, it has an fx loop. Why does it need a spring reverb built in vs plugging in one of a million reverb pedals? Or an outboard tank if you really want a real spring reverb.

For channels, I'd like to see multiple identical channels with switchable voicing options. You could probably cover all the relevant voicing options with a 5-6 step rotary.

Very happy III owner and agree this would be cool, but…

This. Strictly from a marketing perspective, the III is the battered stepchild of the series. Absolutely killer sounding amp, but “IIC+ Reissue” rings like a bell and Gibson probably wants a sure thing.

Based on the other Gibson reissue amps, reservations are warranted.
I really, really agree with you.

The spring reverb needs to go. It's a complex amp already, it has an fx loop. Why does it need a spring reverb built in vs plugging in one of a million reverb pedals? Or an outboard tank if you really want a real spring reverb.

I’ve said it before, but I could not disagree more. I love that Mesa includes real reverb on their amps. I have no interest at all in futzing around with digital ones in the loop.

I count my lucky stars I grabbed mine in 2012 when people using them as doorstops. Same for the Studio preamp, which I wasn’t smart enough to hang onto.

I got mine in 2014 and sold it like a clown in like ‘17 :cry: One of my biggest regrets

I’ve said it before, but I could not disagree more. I love that Mesa includes real reverb on their amps. I have no interest at all in futzing around with digital ones in the loop.

Agree. I so much prefer having some onboard reverb in an amp

Truly a refined English gentleman.
1728852407099.png

The Mark VII reverb must be better than the reverb on the III. I didn’t even bother bringing the tank over when I migrated the combo into a head shell. And I like spring reverb.

The Mark VII reverb must be better than the reverb on the III. I didn’t even bother bringing the tank over when I migrated the combo into a head shell. And I like spring reverb.
Good shout actually. If I get a V or a VII, I can remove the reverb tank and reduce the weight a bit?? Anything to worry about there??

I think spring reverb is about as interesting to listen to as a used nappy on the head of a one legged poltergeist.

Good shout actually. If I get a V or a VII, I can remove the reverb tank and reduce the weight a bit?? Anything to worry about there??

I think spring reverb is about as interesting to listen to as a used nappy on the head of a one legged poltergeist.
Hopefully someone knowledgeable can weigh in here. It’s easy to remove on the Mark II/III but I’m less certain on the V and VII and just don’t have first hand experience with those reverb circuits.

Back