What is your oldest guitar?

Oldest by production would be my PRS custom 22 (2000) oldest I have is my '18 LP standard, purchased in 2020 (I entirely stopped playing guitar sometime in 2018 and sold off everything I used to have before reentering the fold shortly before covid)

434805-FB-54-AC-47-BD-B9-CF-09-BCAE7-DEF55.jpg

Oldest by production would be my PRS custom 22 (2000) oldest I have is my '18 LP standard, purchased in 2020 (I entirely stopped playing guitar sometime in 2018 and sold off everything I used to have before reentering the fold shortly before covid)

434805-FB-54-AC-47-BD-B9-CF-09-BCAE7-DEF55.jpg
I had a Custom 24 with that finish in like 97 or 98. GREAT guitar.

2010 LP Gold Top.

Wish I still had my double cut Hondo from back in the 80's. Had the cream bobbin Dimarzio's in it. It was a great guitar considering how little I paid for it - although it seemed like a lot because - teenager.

Longest owned guitar is an Acoustic of all things. Yamaha FG. Probably more
time on that than any other guitar I have owned. I think it's from around 1988
or so.

Longest owned Electric, and oldest Electric I own, is a 1995 PRS 22 Trem. Such
a great playing guitar, but with a stupid-ass Rotary Pickup selector. :wat

20230919_161325.jpg

Last edited:
Haha! First thing we need to do is entrap that Iced Coffee Ghost who keeps spilling shit and lock his as up! :LOL:

Apparently my coffee table came with some ghost repulsion abilities because it stopped with the ice coffee at least, however, that bastard has been showing up when I get shitfaced and just as I’m dozing off on the couch it’ll come tip my damn drink over in my lap. I’m gonna have my friend film it next time for proof, she’s seen it happen like 4x now herself.

And why did I never think that Coffee Tables were not for feet or massive books full of nothing
but pictures, but are actuallly for catching Coffee. Duh?! So obvious now. :LOL:

Longest owned guitar is an Acoustic of all things. Yamaha FG. Probably more
time on that than any other guitar I have owned. I think it's from around 1988
or so.

Longest owned Electric, and oldest Electric I own, is a 1995 PRS 22 Trem. Such
a great playing guitar, but with a stupid-ass Rotary Pickup selector. :wat

View attachment 11047
That's a beauty. Black with natural binding = :chef

That damn 5 Way Rotary, though. Proves me to me that being different to be different is not
always a wise thing in life. :LOL:

When I was a music major in college there was a social imperative as a composer to be an innovator. One of the worst things you could say to one of us was "That's been done before."

Unfortunately that led to the creation of a bunch of absolute crap, stuff no one would want to listen to, just because it was different.

Thanks! It's pretty neat, because that natural binding is also the Maple top on it. They are
one and the same.

That damn 5 Way Rotary, though. Proves me to me that being different to be different is not
always a wise thing in life. :LOL:
Pop a 3-way toggle in there! I would! Beautiful guitar, btw :chef

Back