What is your oldest guitar?

My Birthday July 2019
I did have A MiM Fender Player Strat, lasted 6 Months was nothing but headaches , then had a Yamaha PAC510 (a really awesome axe for $600.00CDN) sold it for a Revstar I which i recently sold to replace it with the Revstar II
Dude, you're supposed to accumulate guitars not trade them in! That clean music room you have needs some clutter.:grin

My Birthday July 2019
I did have A MiM Fender Player Strat, lasted 6 Months was nothing but headaches , then had a Yamaha PAC510 (a really awesome axe for $600.00CDN) sold it for a Revstar I which i recently sold to replace it with the Revstar II
Damn, you've come a long way in 4 years dude, especially when you consider it's not the same as the 4 years many of us start with, when we have no real responsibilities competing for our time.

Dude, you're supposed to accumulate guitars not trade them in! That clean music room you have needs some clutter.:grin
Speaking of which I cleaned up all my wires no more dangling wires all Tie wrapped, neat and unobtrusive

Wiring .jpg

:knit

My oldest for both ownership and production date is my Martin D-12-20 (next to ukulele in pic below). Built in 1970. I purchased it in 1991. That same year, I also purchased a Eko Kadett (built in 1971) and a Steinberger XM2T bass (built in 1989), so I have 3 that I have hoarded for 30+ years ;~))

Acoustics_001.jpg

1994 Ibanez RG470, bought the day it arrived at the store in 1994.

And I inherited my brother’s 1994 Ibanez EXB445 he bought brand new in 1994 a few months after I got the RG.

Will post pix later as my phone is not cooperating atm.

EDIT: Pix -

S1fiDw4.jpg

The bass was originally red, but my brother always wanted to have it painted metallic purple. Vito from 2x4 heard the story after my brother passed away and offered to do the paint job. And now it looks amazing.

f1VytdV.jpg

And the guitar has seen many a show, but not since the late 90s.

ziO6EZw.jpg

Last edited:
1981 Dean Z

4980813111_cd7cebb12b_b.jpg
I had one of those! Got it in a . . . deal . . . where someone needed some . . . spices! Wasn't my thing, but what I traded for it was about $100 cost to me and I could recognize it was worth a lot more. Ended up selling it for $200 when I was hard up for cash in the 90's!! Neck through body US made Dean and I couldn't get more than $200, shame! Doubled my money on it, but still, should have been able to fetch a lot more IMO!! Great lookin' guitar!!! I think mine might have been a "Baby Z" if there is such a thing.

A Yamaha SA-1200S semihollowbody. Approximately 43 years old, don't know the exact age but late 1970s or early 1980s. I brought it back from Japan in 2004.

Longest owned is probably a Fenix Les Paul Custom copy.

Back