What is wrong with me... is wrong with me... wrong with me.... with me... me... m...

I don’t think a delay addiction is a bad one to have!

I’m currently sitting in delay optionitis, I can’t even pick where I want to start. I know I’m going to end up with 2 different delays because of what I want to do with them, but one of those things is just a basic reverse delay, so I might use DD-5 or a more stripped down/basic pedal and just use it for that, while having a main delay that does all the other cool sh*t. I’ll definitely need it to have MIDI.

Do most of the units these days do spillover when changing presets?

Most do indeed. I know timeline says it does, and volante does and many others.

I didn't like it, Bruce. They blew them out for like $99 once upon a time, because no one else
liked them either. Then suddenly they are fetching $500 on Reverb. WTF?? :idk

It's also huge and ugly. In my opinion.
They matched the look of the hardware in a pedal form. They were originally single space racks and definitely had a flavor incorporating the preamp in them. Wouldn’t be my main or only delay but like the space echo there’s a spot in the stable for it.

Get yourself a dl4 mk2 (or any hx product) and play with the Euclidean Delay

So much fun

Get yourself a dl4 mk2 (or any hx product) and play with the Euclidean Delay

So much fun

I have the line 6 helix floor since 2016 :)

They matched the look of the hardware in a pedal form. They were originally single space racks and definitely had a flavor incorporating the preamp in them. Wouldn’t be my main or only delay but like the space echo there’s a spot in the stable for it.

I get it. I just think it is hilarious that a pedal no one really wanted when it was released, and had issues,
becomes discontinued because it was a bit of a flop, and then suddenly 7 to 8 years pass and it becomes
sought after and more expensive than what it sold for new.

If that doesn't sum up the whacky nature of irrational and delusional GAS I am not sure what does. :idk

Lately I'm addicted to delay pedals (and reverb).

I just found a good deal on reverb for a Strymon Timeline delay. If you have one, what do you think about it?
Always wanted it and I'm sure it'll be just as good as their other stuff!
Maybe I'm just addicted to strymon now?

Now it can sit next to my strymon mobius, volante, nightsky, bigsky

The past week I also picked up the boss trifecta md-500, dd-500 and rv-500.

I think I have like 10 or 11 things that do delays and 10 or 11 things that do reverbs too lol, and probably quite a bit of things
that do modulation as well.

Pedal anonymous here I come... :rofl
Hey my man, have you tried the best one yet?

EE.png

Lol it was on my radar too but decided for timeline right now. I like the workflow look of strymon more, not so much of the empress "hey guess what sound you just did by doing nintendo type cheat codes" lol.

My god I hated the empress reverb, couldn’t rip it off my pedalboard and take it back to GC fast enough…

I didn’t think it sounded that great, and the whole bit where you don’t know what you’re really using at any given point, just no…

D

@BROCKSTAR - With the Timeline you can put other pedals into the feedback path of the delay..... try it with an EQ or compressor.... you'll be hoggin' in heavenly hog heaven until ... probably the 4th of January?? And then you'll decide to go and buy a Volante as well???

@BROCKSTAR - With the Timeline you can put other pedals into the feedback path of the delay..... try it with an EQ or compressor.... you'll be hoggin' in heavenly hog heaven until ... probably the 4th of January?? And then you'll decide to go and buy a Volante as well???

IIRC, The Brockstar already has a Volante. Truly a man of exquisite taste.

Oh.

So why were we bullying him to buy another one then??? Did I miss a pill from my schedule?

That was Drew. He's has delay optionitis. Fortunately it _is_ treatable with help from the good Dr. Strymon.

Brockstar is interested in getting a used Timeline.

So our rather disorganised gang is bullying Brockstar for the Timeline and Drew for the Volante. We should spreadsheet this.

Last edited:
@Orvillain Whilst your here. My flicknife can barely cut off a slice of peach, let alone an ear. I'm finding it hard to hit my 35% menacing KPI for this month.

Could you order me a new one and expense it to the pedal gang?

Back