What Did You Do With Your Guitar(s) Today?

the “Scarred” solo

Fwiw, even if I'm not usually doing this stuff (as in playing transcribed solos), as there's some lines in it that peaked my interest, would you happen to have a decent tab just for the solo part? The transcription on UG is, well, UG style. No standard and rhythmic notation drive me nervous, for whatever reasons. So I'd really like to have a look into a typical TAB/notation score, if possible.

Fwiw, even if I'm not usually doing this stuff (as in playing transcribed solos), as there's some lines in it that peaked my interest, would you happen to have a decent tab just for the solo part? The transcription on UG is, well, UG style. No standard and rhythmic notation drive me nervous, for whatever reasons. So I'd really like to have a look into a typical TAB/notation score, if possible.

That’s been a bit of a pain in the ass, for the same reasons on my end. I’ve been using that tab along with slowing down the actual recording as well as this dude’s vid-

This dude seems to have gotten it right and actually plays it to demonstrate that. I know @TSJMajesty most likely has an official transcription, maybe if you send him some jellied sea creature in a can he’ll take some screenshots!

I know @TSJMajesty most likely has an official transcription, maybe if you send him some jellied sea creature in a can he’ll take some screenshots!

Well, uhm - I usually wouldn't want to encourage anything that isn't fully legal. If it was something mission critical to achieve eternal fame and happiness, maybe - but it's really just a side interest.
I could defenitely get along with slowing down and breaking up the sections, then maybe using some UG stuff additionally - but I'd just like to have a decent overview.
Will see...

That’s been a bit of a pain in the ass, for the same reasons on my end. I’ve been using that tab along with slowing down the actual recording as well as this dude’s vid-

This dude seems to have gotten it right and actually plays it to demonstrate that. I know @TSJMajesty most likely has an official transcription, maybe if you send him some jellied sea creature in a can he’ll take some screenshots!

He's got it pretty damn accurate. The only thing I caught that he's wrong about is the B/15-14-15-14 G/16-14, etc. part: It's not pull-offs; it's all picked.

He's got it pretty damn accurate. The only thing I caught that he's wrong about is the B/15-14-15-14 G/16-14, etc. part: It's not pull-offs; it's all picked.

This version drives me nuts. He blasts through that fucking ascending section so goddamn fast that I actually heard it Friday afternoon and almost said “Fuck this” to learning the solo and I NEVER get that way. :rofl

And actually, I don’t think there’s much for hammer ons/pull offs at all from that point forward. A couple in those quick bluesy licks right before the crazy sweeps, but the majority of this solo is picking every note.

Yes please focus the camera on the picking hand :cuss

That voice haunts me in the worst of ways :barf

Yes please focus the camera on the picking hand :cuss
They know a big majority of viewers are musicians, so Idk why the producers haven't figured this out yet: Make a DVD with various camera angles, each one focused just on the way the song is played, like straight onto Petrucci's hands for example, for the entire show. Then let the viewer pick which ones he wants to see, and when.

Fixed an intermittent continuity connection from the neck pickup to the 3-way switch on my BC Rich Mockingbird.
PXL_20231115_193616125~2.jpg

13403876_10207987833348286_6476451833812986807_o.jpg

Have my first rehearsal tonight for this fill in gig tonight. So my '76 deluxe reverb shall ride again! It's a 7+ piece jam/funk band so I don't need any brootz tones and obviously stage space is an important factor. I actually sat in on two songs with these guys last year for a "..and friends" show they did and used the DR for that gig as well.

Obviously rocking the 594 because I can't seem to put it down :love

Spent about 2hrs working on my upcoming fill in gig

Then dropped another 2 or so hours working on new JAWA material. We’ve got about 7 songs in progress/waiting in the wings. Some chill and easy, some obnoxious and proggy lol. I’m excited for our first show in the new year we gonna dump a lotta new shiz

Intentionally shifted to the ce24 today. This is the first time in my life I’ve acquired two nice guitars in a one week span and I know I’ve been gushing about the 594. 594 is the newest and a lil closer to home base since I’ve always been an LP guy but gat damn the ce rips :love

E554971E-FD13-449F-A0B8-71C6685CCE58.jpeg

Early hour practice this morning, but strings are old and somewhat lifeless
ive been using EB 40-8.5 which are nice but by the time they get to stay in tune the tone is sucked out of them lol

anyone ever try these ? --->

Dunlop RWN0840 Reverend Willy Light Electric Guitar Strings

View attachment 13271

I've been a "I use heavy string for no apparent fucking reason" guy for too long. I dropped from
11's to 10's for standard tuning about a year ago and now I am looking at 9's and thinking, "I bet
my hands will thank me." :LOL:

No, I think he was correct. It's a similar technique to what Zakk Wylde did in closing out section of No More Tears solo.

edit: added vid. 4:53 mark

Last edited:
Back