What Did You Do With Your Guitar(s) Today?

Lying Cbs GIF by Paramount+

:rofl
The 3 way swap is complete, whew.

My take on the TZ/AN in the RG? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I guess I would really love it if was my only guitar? It's not outright terrible and kinda works well with it. But it doesn't do for me what I want.

Definitely leaning towards trading as soon as Atlanta GC gets the new green model EBMM Richardson in.

The 3 way swap is complete, whew.

My take on the TZ/AN in the RG? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I guess I would really love it if was my only guitar? It's not outright terrible and kinda works well with it. But it doesn't do for me what I want.

Definitely leaning towards trading as soon as Atlanta GC gets the new green model EBMM Richardson in.

Persistence Of Vision GIF by Eternal Family

Heh, well the #1 goal was to not trade the RG with expensive pickups! :grin

#2 was to improve the Ibanez S.

This is winning! :pickle:grin:banana

Winning sounds exhausting!!! :idk

An RG is required by Universal Law and Order to have Dimarzios in it. So balance is restored. Chaos is over! :beer

:grinWinning sounds exhausting!!! :idk

An RG is required by Universal Law and Order to have Dimarzios in it. So balance is restored. Chaos is over! :beer
Yeah, it was exhausting. Soldering to 5-way switches isn't so easy at 57 :hmm, surprised everything worked first time with all 3, whew.

Chaos is not over, lmao, it's just sorta reduced a tad!

Haha! A small reduction is appreciated. That's a HUGE sacrifice to make on a Sunday for
the sake of all humankind, Dave! :beer

LOL, you are too kind, sir. :beer

And holy bass on the CU24 now, sheesh, these Silo's have some booty! That's really weird considering its past, with NO bass - especially with the original PRS 85/15. You couldn't even tell when you played the wound strings :cuss :grin.

Now the look of the CU24 with chrome pickups and black rings is going to take some time to settle, it looks weird as hell. Always had black pickups before. It'll sink in, I mean they have crop circles, which make my nerdy side giddy. It'll sink in, right? :unsure:

Not that it really matters but, here's the final outcome for the 3 affected guitars from "Sunday 3-way swap fest 2024".

This shall take time to adjust to, plus just how many cows were vivesected to make these covers :unsure: :
PRS CU24 Silos.png

This is killer and you all can suck it if you don't like it :banana , I mean it's now basically the same as a Nita Strauss sig Ibby S without any words saying it's now girlified :pickleAND with a better top (well, it's not a trem like hers, so there's that difference as well):
Ibanez S Pandemoniums.png

And the potential trade bait, although it may not sound all that bad, so anything could still happen with this one:
Ibanez RG TZ-AN.png

Last edited:
New pickguard day!

Custom made pickguard off Etsy, all the way from Korea. Wanted to change up from the stock tortoise to a more classic mint green.

I have to say, this pickguard was shockingly well done. Every cutout and hole was perfect, every screw lined up perfectly, as good as factory. I was very hesitant to get a custom pickguard off Etsy of all places but they did a fantastic job. I did have to widen the volume and tone pot openings as the stock pots are metric and I put in CTS, no big deal.

Decided to put in Dimarzio noiseless again, went with an Injector neck, Area 67 middle, and Thornbucker bridge (raw nickel which is starting to rust). Went back to covered bridge pickup because the Dimarzio doesn't match the rest of the aged white plastics, and this is a little less distracting. Also went 500k volume and pot with treble bleed.

I may at some point either put in a series/parallel switch for the humbucker or even just a dummy switch. I pulled that out when I rewired the factory guard as I never used it. But it looks more obviously weird with the light colored guard than the dark tortoise.

Overall the guitar feels a lot more fresh with the bright guard, although it also reminds me now of the cheap AZ guitars too lol.

53983643698_b7e2c7dc5f_b.jpg

There's a gap around the bridge humbucker on either side which is a little ugly...I think it's because the stock pickup is a Duncan Trembucker which is wider than your average humbucker. Realized that I have a 59 Trembucker sitting around that I've never used, so decided to get a nickel cover for it. The 59 and Thornbucker seem to have similar specs so curious how different they are if at all.

Back