What Did You Do With Your Guitar(s) Today?

On a side note, look at pictures of Zep shows from the 77 tour where Page was pretty wasted most of the time.

Every time a spot catches his guitars it looks like they've gone case to stage and back w zero care in between for the whole tour.
Literally disgusting.

View attachment 29017
Looks like Page used fudge instead of chicken grease?! :ROFLMAO:

That should have been on THEIR dime, not yours!
The RG was one I sold, had for 1.5 years or so. I put $100 shipping on the Reverb listing, so it's my ignorance but just figured that would be plenty. NOT. Next time, if I ever list with shipping again, will be pirateship or similar.

The RG was one I sold, had for 1.5 years or so. I put $100 shipping on the Reverb listing, so it's my ignorance but just figured that would be plenty. NOT. Next time, if I ever list with shipping again, will be pirateship or similar.

Is that price for having someone else pack and ship it??? :idk

My last big guitar ship was a PRS 245 in a case and it was less
than $100 shipped. Not much, though.

Also, I add extra for going West of the Rockies. Seems like the
Continental Divide has a surcharge/toll of like and extra Hundo!

I packed it, double boxed with lots of foam around the inner box. Guitar in hard case.

I was just wholy unprepared for that. Didn't remember to try pirateship until way away from the house, and we are in bfe.

Gas is down, too, but think they'll lower shipping? Ha!

No No No GIF

Realized yesterday (can I post something from yesterday in this thread? :unsure:) that I no longer own any floating locking trem guitars!

At one point I had 4 Floyds and an Ibanez LoPro Edge. All gone. Didn't specifically set out to hate any of them, and could deal with setup of each well.

Perhaps the universe worked its magic behind the scenes?

This guitar started life as a Sergio Vallin sig Strat that I bought new 9 years ago. But, I mod'd the f'k out of it because that's what you do ;) Lollar pups with chrome rings, reversed the knobs (the tone knob was stock closest to the strings), added a push pull humbucker splitter, and a 10 way freeway pickup switch. It also did have a boss GK-3 pickup installed at one time. I removed that but the little rubber height spacers are still there by the bridge.

This guitar has been in storage for awhile because the freeway switch crapped out some time ago and needs replacement. So it's time to make it reborn again with a simple 3 way switch, and overall setup and cleaning.
S Vallin Strat 0924.jpeg

Realized yesterday (can I post something from yesterday in this thread? :unsure:) that I no longer own any floating locking trem guitars!

At one point I had 4 Floyds and an Ibanez LoPro Edge. All gone. Didn't specifically set out to hate any of them, and could deal with setup of each well.

Perhaps the universe worked its magic behind the scenes?

So window shopping again already?? :crazy

:rofl

I've been going down a rabbit hole that I probably shouldn't....

It started with the Do Something challenge and getting the bright idea I was going to cover a new Gilmour tune, he's using the weirdest fucking tone I've ever heard him use on the solo.

(timestamped)

That doesn't sound like a Strat to me, way too much midrange honk and not Strat-y at all. He's got a Yamaha RA-100 rotating cab on tour with him but even he's not trying to recreate this tone, so there's that to feel better about.

I started learning the solo while tweaking, this is where I'm at so far.

He always gets credits for his bends and I know I'm guilty of associating that with the big bends, but this solo is full of these tiny little bends into other notes, they're so subtle and really understated, they're a bitch to nail.

I am taking pictures for insurance purposes. We are directly in Milton's crosshairs... So I am taking pictures of my more valuable instruments, casing them up and storing them as high as I can. We are a block and a half from the Braden river. :(

So, I thought I'd post a pic of my Gibsons

Attachments

• Gibsons.jpg
    Gibsons.jpg
    800.5 KB · Views: 4
Back