What Did You Do With Your Guitar(s) Today?

confused-white-persian-guardian.gif

@unix-guy what body is that? Musikraft as well?

Edit

DERP yeah I see the stamp now.

I wonder how well their necks fit on Warmoth bodies. I’ve rarely ever seen Musikraft come through my shop, and they’re always on regular Fender bodies.
They offer a variety of neck heel options. The standard Strat and Tele stuff, which I think is what Warmoth offers on their bodies.

Doing a 3 guitar pickup swap today.

BKP Silos w/chrome crop circle covers went from my RG into my PRS CU24. They sound awesome!

Dimarzio Pandemonium went from CU24 into Ibanez S. These were great in the CU24 but look better in the S and definitely a massive improvement over TZ/AN.

Dimarzio TZ/AN from the Ibanez S will go into the RG when wood putty is cured for bridge pickup screws. Most likely be trading it in for a new green EBMM Richardson Cutlass HT. But maybe I'll be surprised? Doubtful, as so far this RG is bland as plain macaroni with 3 different sets. Guess it will be same pickups as a J Custom, so some hope I suppose.

Doing a 3 guitar pickup swap today.

BKP Silos w/chrome crop circle covers went from my RG into my PRS CU24. They sound awesome!

Dimarzio Pandemonium went from CU24 into Ibanez S. These were great in the CU24 but look better in the S and definitely a massive improvement over TZ/AN.

Dimarzio TZ/AN from the Ibanez S will go into the RG when wood putty is cured for bridge pickup screws. Most likely be trading it in for a new green EBMM Richardson Cutlass HT. But maybe I'll be surprised? Doubtful, as so far this RG is bland as plain macaroni with 3 different sets. Guess it will be same pickups as a J Custom, so some hope I suppose.

Lying Cbs GIF by Paramount+

:rofl

7 guitar re-string 5 of them Floyds from medium .011 to .050 to custom light 009.5 to .048
poked my finger on a string nub.

Not something I'd normally do... but I distressed this guitar as if it had been dropped in the mud and wiped off. :ROFLMAO:
I put a light satin clear over it, it's still curing. Will take a scotch pad to it afterwards.
This has been an off/on project for a long while -- and I've mentioned before that the old original Kramer neck just wasn't working for me, not to mention it already had some hairline cracks at the locking nut. Neck is too thin for me now and not worth fixing imo. So I'll be ordering a Warmoth neck SOON.

:farley
Maybe do a wenge/ebony or goncalo/ebony, boatneck, 22 SS frets, and maybe, just maybe, a full scallop too.
And I've decided I'm going to use my vintage EMG's for this one. An S and 81 (or 85), and they already have the natural wear so they'll be a good fit. Still have the black Schaller and will more than likely get a d-tuna added. Will need to rout out a bit for that.

View attachment 27606

So I decided on getting a maple/maple Warmoth neck/warhead headstock. Full scalloped baby! :pickleWill be my first. Locking nut, 1 11/16", 6100 SS - 22 frets. Boatneck contour. Went ahead and ordered some new EMG's too, what the heck. S and 85X models. Still thinking on the d-tuna, probably will though.

I got my EMG S and 85X in last night. I'll just wait til I get my neck done before full assembly. This is going to be fun project. :banana

Nice! I wanted to go when we were in Chicago earlier in the Summer, but
being a "family" affair I played nice and didn't do an extended solo midsong. :LOL:

I'd love to go back and just browse up a few stores.

Let us know what you spotted? Or didn't spot. :beer
Was worth the visit. Kinda overwhelming too. I only had an hour or so to spare. There was soooo much to try.

Nice! I wanted to go when we were in Chicago earlier in the Summer, but
being a "family" affair I played nice and didn't do an extended solo midsong. :LOL:

I'd love to go back and just browse up a few stores.

Let us know what you spotted? Or didn't spot. :beer
CME has tons of cool shit in their showroom. Paoletti are interesting, some Suhr stuff, high end PRS, and of course Gibson Murphy Lab crap.

jah ---

Attachments

• mini LP.jpg
    mini LP.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 10
  • LP hubby.jpg
    LP hubby.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 9
  • C & hap.jpg
    C & hap.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 10
  • loud.jpg