What Did You Do With Your Guitar(s) Today?

Golfing Putt Putt GIF by Rooster Teeth

I gave my SSL-5 away when I sold my Classic 50's Strat a couple months ago. I started talking to the buyer about it's history and when I mentioned the Gilmour-influenced pickups I've had in it he sent me a video of him covering a Gilmour solo quite well and he told me he was a huge Gilmour fan. I was selling the guitar without any electronics at all but once I knew he was a Gilmour fan he got everything he needed to get the guitar making sound that day if he knew how to use a solder iron.

Gotta look out for our own. :rofl

I gave my SSL-5 away when I sold my Classic 50's Strat a couple months ago. I started talking to the buyer about it's history and when I mentioned the Gilmour-influenced pickups I've had in it he sent me a video of him covering a Gilmour solo quite well and he told me he was a huge Gilmour fan. I was selling the guitar without any electronics at all but once I knew he was a Gilmour fan he got everything he needed to get the guitar making sound that day if he knew how to use a solder iron.

Gotta look out for our own. :rofl
So, now you rely only on the EMG DG20 for DG matters? I cannot. I refuse to have only one, I need both. Like pickles.

So, now you rely only on the EMG DG20 for DG matters? I cannot. I refuse to have only one, I need both. Like pickles.

Yeah, to be fair I haven't done much Gilmour'ing as of late. I'll buy one again when I get around to fixing up my MIM Strat I got when I was 13, I just don't have a "need" for it now and the metal stuff has been taking precedence over everything else.

Though I did just go down a PastFX rabbit hole and I'm fighting the urge to NOT order everything Gilmour-related they do.

Little lunch time projects can be fun! :unsure:

Today, I added a mini-toggle to my soloist to switch between 9v and 24v (off in the middle). :rawk

Wasn't as easy as expected! I wanted it in between vol and tone but that part isn't routed out enough ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, soooo out comes the Dremel w/routing bit! :clint

Nice to be able to switch, it's a pretty substantial change going from 9 to 24V - I've only had 18V before and it wasn't switchable, now you can clearly hear the difference - with 24V definitely much less compressed. I think I'd have been fine with just a two position toggle, the middle position is pretty worthless and has a bit of a delay before it kicks in.

@la szum - in addition to the coupon I have a nice 24V Mod sticker for you next time you're in the neighborhood! :pickle

View attachment 22063
This "Jackson" is about to piss me off :cuss. Personally have never worked on a guitar with softer wood, ever in my life. Here's a running list of stripped screws (and I'm gentle :rubshands):

6 trem/back cover
1 trussrod cover
1 bridge pickup low E side

So yesterday I used wood glue and round tooth picks for both the bridge pickup screws and let it sit until lunch today. Also tweaked the foam size so the bridge pickup sits almost perfectly level (was tilted bad). Then I just used the pointy parts of toothpicks to fix the other 7 screws. Probably should've done the same to the control cavity cover, but I've not opened it up but twice, so it's ok for now.

Everything seems fixed but I'm going to be real fukkin' hesitant to touch the pickup screws again. :nails

If you can keep up with the truss rod needing constantly tweaked, the guitar plays reallly reallly well. Did have to change trem springs at the 1-year mark, which is also pretty sad.

This "Jackson" is about to piss me off :cuss. Personally have never worked on a guitar with softer wood, ever in my life. Here's a running list of stripped screws (and I'm gentle :rubshands):

6 trem/back cover
1 trussrod cover
1 bridge pickup low E side

So yesterday I used wood glue and round tooth picks for both the bridge pickup screws and let it sit until lunch today. Also tweaked the foam size so the bridge pickup sits almost perfectly level (was tilted bad). Then I just used the pointy parts of toothpicks to fix the other 7 screws. Probably should've done the same to the control cavity cover, but I've not opened it up but twice, so it's ok for now.

Everything seems fixed but I'm going to be real fukkin' hesitant to touch the pickup screws again. :nails

If you can keep up with the truss rod needing constantly tweaked, the guitar plays reallly reallly well. Did have to change trem springs at the 1-year mark, which is also pretty sad.
Hmm... if the wood is that soft, I'd be a tad concerned for the Floyd Rose.

Hmm... if the wood is that soft, I'd be a tad concerned for the Floyd Rose.
Yeah, I agree. Since the spring replacement the tuning has been solid - fine tuners are shit, though. The frequency of needed truss rod tweaks is enough to make me want to get rid of it.

I put it back in the gig bag and probably am going to sell it and my Agile AL-3200. Then I'll be at 12.

I've played Kashmir for the first time. Also 1st time with altune beyond Drop-D
Over It Whatever GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Yeah. I've never been much into Zep. Except the compulsory covers of Starbuey, Backdog and Holelotta with cover bands in one of my past lives.

Last edited:
Sat in my studio for 3 hours, went through 3 different guitars and a bunch of tones waiting for something inspiring to come along....got hungry for lunch and came back home with a PS5 so I'll be playing video games the rest of the weekend. :rofl

Back