What Did You Do With Your Guitar(s) Today?

Right..... some of you know that my childhood friend got killed by some asshole ..... fwe days back.... I went to jam... as its the only way i know how to deal with this shit......

anyway ... my question is ... I did this jam and want to share it on his FB dedicated to him..... do you guys think its good enough?

Thanks for listening...

Last edited:
Right..... some of you know that my childhood friend got killed by some asshole ..... we days back.... I went to jam as its the only way i know how to deal with this shit......

anyway ... my question is ... I did this jam and want to share it on his FB dedicated to him..... do you guys think its good enough?

Thanks for listening...

Definitely good enough to share...a fitting tribute!

Right..... some of you know that my childhood friend got killed by some asshole ..... fwe days back.... I went to jam... as its the only way i know how to deal with this shit......

Thanks for listening...

Sorry about your friend. May he rest in peace. Very nice playing, it suits the situation well and is quite appropriate to share on FB. Take care.

Thanks for listening...

It's definitely good enough when coming from the heart!

Not my guitar, but I loaded two Marshall G12 Vintage speakers that seem to basically be brand new into my empty (now half empty) Mojotone British 412. Now to decide what speakers to pair with it.

Anyone have any ideas on wiring the two speakers currently in their in parallel (so two 16ohm speakers = 8ohm total) with only a single wire from the input jack's tip and sleeve each?

Anyone have any ideas on wiring the two speakers currently in their in parallel (so two 16ohm speakers = 8ohm total) with only a single wire from the input jack's tip and sleeve each?

Connect 1 of the speakers's negative terminal to the 2nd speaker's negative. Do the same with the positive terminal. Now run a set of wires (positive and negative) from one of the speakers terminals to the jack. Like this:

lighter

not my drawing, and sub the 8s with 16. should be good.

Figured I might as well post it up since I don’t open the ol DAW much. But then I thought it sounded boring without drums so I entered into my personal hell trying to put together shit in 7 from grooves in the demo version of ssd5. They’re whack as hell and kind of gave up 🤦 :LOL:

One take/one track live looping
With drums:

Without drums:

Cleans sound ok but the distorted “Djent” part at the end sounds kinda bad :idk:

Connect 1 of the speakers's negative terminal to the 2nd speaker's negative. Do the same with the positive terminal. Now run a set of wires (positive and negative) from one of the speakers terminals to the jack. Like this:

lighter

not my drawing, and sub the 8s with 16. should be good.
That would make two 16ohms equal a total of 8ohms, correct? Thanks!

Thanks for listening...

Sorry for your loss, brother.

FWIW, the last several months I've been losing my best friend to mental illness and 2 days ago I had to tell him I can't have him in my life anymore because he won't get help and his behavior is dangerous, to say the least. Last night was the first time I picked up a guitar in about 10 days, I opened Logic and started recording the first thing that came out and for a second I thought, "Nah, this is cliched crap", but I kept going because it really doesn't matter if it's "good enough" for anyone else, it's what we needed at the time it came out.

Thanks for listening...

It sure is Ramo, lots of feeling behind that :chef

Sorry for your loss, brother.

FWIW, the last several months I've been losing my best friend to mental illness and 2 days ago I had to tell him I can't have him in my life anymore because he won't get help and his behavior is dangerous, to say the least. Last night was the first time I picked up a guitar in about 10 days, I opened Logic and started recording the first thing that came out and for a second I thought, "Nah, this is cliched crap", but I kept going because it really doesn't matter if it's "good enough" for anyone else, it's what we needed at the time it came out.
Losing people sucks so much bro…. It hurts like a motherfucker for sure…, he was only 39 and other guy 40…. They all have kids….. its so not fucking fair….. I want to kill that asshole myself im so angry….

Sorry to hear about your situation…. You can only lead horse to water you cant make them drink if…..

Yea I jammed as this is the only way I know how to deal with this all….

Spa day for the Orville. It was in need of a string change and I never actually set it up in D-standard, I just threw heavier strings on it a few months back so I figured I'd get it set up correctly. Wanted to try top-wrapping this one, I'm on the fence with it on my Edwards. Man, that G-string really takes a hit with tension, but I love it with the other strings.

IMG_6573.JPG

IMG_6575.JPG

There's a certain unplugged/acoustic sound Les Pauls get when the setup is just right where it comes alive, I'm assuming it's just that relationship of string tension/nut height/action, but once ya get it and the thing sings without being plugged in, it's goooood.

Spa day for the Orville. It was in need of a string change and I never actually set it up in D-standard, I just threw heavier strings on it a few months back so I figured I'd get it set up correctly. Wanted to try top-wrapping this one, I'm on the fence with it on my Edwards. Man, that G-string really takes a hit with tension, but I love it with the other strings.

View attachment 24087
View attachment 24088

There's a certain unplugged/acoustic sound Les Pauls get when the setup is just right where it comes alive, I'm assuming it's just that relationship of string tension/nut height/action, but once ya get it and the thing sings without being plugged in, it's goooood.

God damn that thing is hawt

Back