What Did You Do With Your Guitar(s) Today?

Spent some time on lunch working on scratch tracks. We're dropping 2 EPs coming up. Our previous recordings we've done with homies with home studios to be more budget friendly but we're doing things a little differently this time around. Tentative plan is to drop our major investment up front into drum tracking at a fancy studio (The Blasting Room in Fort Collins, founded by Bill Stevenson of The Descendants fame), self record guitar and bass, and then ship it off elsewhere TBD for mixing and mastering.

Should hopefully end up with some lame songs that sound awesome :LOL:

Last edited:
Spent some time on lunch working on scratch tracks. We're dropping 2 EPs coming up. Our previous recordings we've done with homies with home studios to be more budget friendly but we're doing things a little differently this time around. Tentative plan is to drop our major investment up front into drum tracking at a fancy studio (The Blasting Room in Fort Collins, founded by Bill Stevenson of The Descendants fame), self record guitar and bass, and then ship it off elsewhere TBD for mixing and mastering.

Should hopefully end up with some lame songs that sound awesome :LOL:
Better than awesome songs that sound lame.

Had one of those days where the same tone I was loving last night just sounded uninspiring and dull. Switched guitars same result, plugged my stomp into studio monitors for a change and it sounded dull too. Hung my guitar back on the wall, turned everything off and walked away.

I hate days like that. Think I'll watch some Rick and Morty and have a beer instead.

Had one of those days where the same tone I was loving last night just sounded uninspiring and dull. Switched guitars same result, plugged my stomp into studio monitors for a change and it sounded dull too. Hung my guitar back on the wall, turned everything off and walked away.

I hate days like that. Think I'll watch some Rick and Morty and have a beer instead.

Big swings in temperature or humidity?? :idk

Tried to figure out riff from one of the songs i like and halfway I gave up, then I started soloing then gave up, tried to write a new riff …. gave up….
I feel horrible inside and I guess it translates in my actions….

We march on…

Today was much better. PRS into JVM Od1 orange mode at a decent volume and then Tone Bender Mk1 into Crunch orange = Win.

I decided it was time to pull my Ibanez SC-420 from mothballs and give it some love.

This was one of 2 main guitars for a long time and the first and only Ibanez (of many I've owned) that I bought new.

Cleaned, restrung and ready for some play time - hopefully tomorrow!

As requested:

IMG_6238.jpeg

This was the first guitar I ever saw with "natural binding". I still think it looks pretty cool!
IMG_6239.jpeg

Played it thru my FM9 for about 45 minutes this morning. Sounds great, too :)

Last edited:
I decided I should put new strings on my son's $169 Squier Tele that he got as a Christmas or birthday gift from me 5-6 years ago.

I don't recall when it last got a string change.

Overall these guitars are excellent for the money!

IMG_6241.jpeg

Last edited:
This one is on the bench at present. fret board cleaning, fret polishing and a new pickguard is inbound.. Going back to HSS like it was originally in 2014

Attachments

• IMG_1270.JPG
    IMG_1270.JPG
    573.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1271.JPG
    IMG_1271.JPG
    719.2 KB · Views: 6
Back